NHL 13

Ruki

Started UT today - the Dragonborns. :shifty: I got no Leafs and three Canadiens so.. some creedence to the original theory perhaps?

By the way.. is it viable to play competitively with the NHL 94 controls? I don't like using the stick..

I definitely prefer the 94 controls, except I got no idea how to use the goalie with it, and how to block passes unless I body check them, but shooting is way easier.

This game frustrates me to no end at times, but I'm starting to find my niche.

Playing HUT last night, I had an all grinder line centered by Konopka that I got a feel for using, so I started a BAP as a Grinder C. Me and the Saint John Seadogs went to the Memorial Cup Final against the Edmonton Oil Kings, but ended up losing 2-1. I managed to rack up 11pts (2g, 9a) in the 5 games we played, and ended up being drafted by Philly in the 1st round, 20th overall pick. Hopefully I'm able to keep myself on the big team and not end up in the AHL.

Also, HUT 'disconnecting from EA' mid-game is a fucking piss off, especially because not only do you not get the pucks you just about won, you also lose that game off all your players contracts. Fuck you EA, fuck you.

What's really annoying though is you spend more time 'simming to next shift' in BAP then playing for christ sake. Every whistle you get taken off the ice, regardless of whether you literally just stepped off the bench or not. It also loves to murder your +/- rating, and throw you out right as the other team is scoring a goal. I just love the hard work EA has put into this game.

Edited by Mountainous Cleavage

Fucking hell!

Doing one of the rookie tournaments for HUT...beating all the teams by 5+ goals. I was half paying attention going into the finals....I accdentally have the EXACT same color of blue as the opponents. I can't tell which player is which. It was 5-4 going into the last minute...they tie it up...and then fucking win in OT.

What's really annoying though is you spend more time 'simming to next shift' in BAP then playing for christ sake. Every whistle you get taken off the ice, regardless of whether you literally just stepped off the bench or not. It also loves to murder your +/- rating, and throw you out right as the other team is scoring a goal. I just love the hard work EA has put into this game.

I think the game literally tells you in your first game that you have to earn your ice time by playing the way that the team wants you to.

I think the game literally tells you in your first game that you have to earn your ice time by playing the way that the team wants you to.

No shit, I'm not new to this series. I'm also the 1st line C, so it's not like I'm complaining about the minutes a 4th line C plays.

What I'm saying is you can get put onto the ice, take ONE STRIDE down the ice and a goalie happens to cover the puck. The ensuing faceoff, you're right back on the bench and simming to your next shift. Or, you win a face off to your D-Man in the offensive zone, he shoots, goalie covers, and you're back on the bench simming to your next shift.

Edited by Mountainous Cleavage

No shit, I'm not new to this series. I'm also the 1st line C, so it's not like I'm complaining about the minutes a 4th line C plays.

What I'm saying is you can get put onto the ice, take ONE STRIDE down the ice and a goalie happens to cover the puck. The ensuing faceoff, you're right back on the bench and simming to your next shift. Or, you win a face off to your D-Man in the offensive zone, he shoots, goalie covers, and you're back on the bench simming to your next shift.

Take your attitude and shove it. I'm playing first line center as well and I get a shit ton of ice time. Sometimes I get pulled off the ice a bit too soon - or so it feels, and I'm back simming to my next shift.. which averages to be about less than two minutes later. I've had zero problems with ice time. Fuck with the sliders to make your fatigue recover faster if you're not getting put out soon enough - that might work, I suppose. I don't know where the problem is coming from, I just don't see it.

Playing HUT again....first round? Go up against a guy who has Gretzky, Gardnier, Visnovsky, Havlat and a bunch of other good NHLers.

So I beat him with my scrubs 3-2, getting 3 unanswered goals after being down 2-0.

And the game freezes before I start my 2nd round game., I better still be where I was!