NHL 13

Ruki

Demo was fun, haven't figured out everything, but once I get it, I'll play around some to get the hang of it.

For those on PS3, are you guys getting it on the 11th or later on? Hopefully we can get some more people for GM mode.

• 2 weeks later...

The demo was alright. I think the speed burst is a little too much. The guy had 50 feet and Kovi still got a breakaway. The previous skating was fine, they just needed a tweak. I feel like everybody is just going to explode in a straight line, stop, cut backwards to the middle.

Dont get me wrong, I love how you can skate backwards at will, and go smoothly around the net, but It's a little too much, and the turns are horrendous. They tried to make it realistic, but never on skates have I had to take turns that wide when going full speed.

The goalies are better. Weak shots don't seem to go in which is a plus. I do like how every minute of the game feels more important - all 1 period of the demo. The in the moment was good. It's a full period and if you don't score it continues.

Playing Defense will need a few games to get it down. It's really hard to grab the puck off the boards and just throw it to an open player around the net.

The skating mechanics will take a little bit to get used to, but I think the game will be pretty good. The improvements, including the much needed overhaul of the menus and presentation, should take this year's version to the next level.