2012/13 UEFA Champions League thread

Lineker

Or he could not act like a spoilt brat and give the interview, say he disagreed with the decision and that he was upset but accept these things happen.

You can't pick and choose which rules you want to abide by.

• Admin

Uefa has begun disciplinary proceedings against Manchester United following their Champions League defeat by Real Madrid on Tuesday.

European football's governing body is taking action over Nani's red card and the non-fulfilment of post-match media obligations at Old Trafford.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21691929

It'd be amazing if Celtic somehow overturned it, but I wouldn't fancy any side to claw back a 3 goal deficit in Turin.

I saw them at 8-1 to win tonight, 66-1 to go through, 150-1 to win nil-three, 500-1 to win nil-four.

Oh and something no oneseems to have pointed out is that Rafael could have easily been sent off for denying a goal with a handball which would have probably led to a defender being substituted for nani anyway.

Has to be deliberate. No chance that's a red card.

Or he could not act like a spoilt brat and give the interview, say he disagreed with the decision and that he was upset but accept these things happen.

You can't pick and choose which rules you want to abide by.

Unfortunately history tells us that Sir Alex Ferguson actually can choose which rules he wants to abide by.

Oh and something no oneseems to have pointed out is that Rafael could have easily been sent off for denying a goal with a handball which would have probably led to a defender being substituted for nani anyway.

I thought intent didn't matter if it was denying a goal. I'm definitely not confident enough to argue over it though so fair enough. I'm still not going to feel sorry that a refereeing decision didn't go their way for once

I thought intent didn't matter if it was denying a goal. I'm definitely not confident enough to argue over it though so fair enough. I'm still not going to feel sorry that a refereeing decision didn't go their way for once

Interpretations gets a bit wooly in this situations it seems. There have been a fair few times this year where last men/goalies haven't been sent off when arguably they should have been. No-one seems to stick to one standard now.

Surprise, none.

I went to check up on whether Michael Ballack was charged following his shouting/etc. at the ref during that Barcelona semifinal. Apparently he was not because "it took place during the match" and was therefore dealt with by the referee at the time.

Surprise, none.

I went to check up on whether Michael Ballack was charged following his shouting/etc. at the ref during that Barcelona semifinal. Apparently he was not because "it took place during the match" and was therefore dealt with by the referee at the time.

I'd guess that this might have something to do with why no action will be taken against Rio aswell because I'm pretty sure that the referee could have produced a card at the time, if he felt it was warranted.

You can be booked/sent off after the final whistle, right?

Surprise, none.

I'd guess that this might have something to do with why no action will be taken against Rio aswell because I'm pretty sure that the referee could have produced a card at the time, if he felt it was warranted.

You can be booked/sent off after the final whistle, right?

Barcelona's goalkeeper Victor Valdez was sent off after the El Classico last weekend immediately after the final whistle, so yes, the referee has the power to do that