The Continuing Chronicles Of Jay Feaster's Incompetence

Ruki

As much as I want the Leafs to win and succeed, I wouldn't mind if they bottomed out this year to get a top C prospect (another top 5 pick would be amazing), and then they'd have the summer to attempt to sign some high profile UFA's while doing away with some shitty contracts.

I love Brian Burke. In his out going press conference Steve Simmons asked him a question and Burke replied with "That's probably the best thing about today Steve, that I don't have to talk to you anymore."

Dammit, I am going to miss his press conferences :(

• Like 1

Les Habitants officially tell Scott "$3.75million/goal" Gomez to stay the fuck out of Montreal.

Apparently, the new ownership group belive that their $7.35 million (cap, $5.5m actual money) and is better spent keeping Gomez away from the team than letting him attempt to be productive. I agree.

They just don't want him getting hurt and jeopardizing a buyout in the summer. If he played and ended up on IR to end the season, they'd be stuck with another year of that contract. I could see a few other teams doing something similar, but Gomez' is probably the biggest albatross contract that a team will want to shake.

They just don't want him getting hurt and jeopardizing a buyout in the summer. If he played and ended up on IR to end the season, they'd be stuck with another year of that contract. I could see a few other teams doing something similar, but Gomez' is probably the biggest albatross contract that a team will want to shake.

I think the same thing is happening to Wade Redden.

Yeah, there was talk of putting him in a bubble wrap. However, I'd also heard rumors of Wade being offered a job off the rink for the Whales. Rangers can't take the chance of him getting injured. It really sucks for him, but the cap him next year would just destroy the Rangers.