The Continuing Chronicles Of Jay Feaster's Incompetence

Ruki

You had to know that one was coming and swiftly. A few of his guys were working hard in the playoffs, but Tortorella had lost touch with most of the team. He was fired the minute Richards was scratched.

Boston v. LA are my guesses to meet in the finals. I'm taking Chicago to win tonight with all the momentum.

I'm also expecting Chicago, though I would prefer Detroit. Hoping for a Pittsburgh/LA final, and I suppose predicting that as well. Pittsburgh is probably going to win it all now, I wouldn't have predicted them at the start because I had no faith in Fleury, but they've solved that problem well enough.

It's amazing how well Vokoun's played, even if Pittsburgh doesn't win the cup, or ends up losing to Boston, they wouldn't have made it past the Islanders if they had kept Fleury in net. I've always liked Fleury, and think he can be great at times, but he wasn't going to get the job done. Some of it can be blamed on the lousy defence in front of him at times, but with the exception of the first game, he just played real badly.

Chicago/Detroit has been a good game so far, I'll go out on a limb and say Detroit wins it by a goal.

That was a hell of a game, I thought the Wings would have had it, but the Hawks played great, and really, anybody could have won it. Chicago/LA is going to be a great series, as is Boston/Pittsburgh. Either way, we're going to have a great Stanley Cup Final with the possible match ups.

I don't think that would be that bizarre even if it was the case. In the NHL, it's far more important to be a team rather than a collection of individuals, and the head coach should have a good understanding of what pieces fit his team. The best player available might not be the best fit for Colorado, and the person who's with the team every day at practice should have a good understanding of what roles he needs to fill and who's expendable.