The Continuing Chronicles Of Jay Feaster's Incompetence

Ruki

So fitting that this game would go to overtime.

The game has been intense tonight.

I am not comfortable with how much the ref's are either letting go, or just plain missing. The big one for me was Chris Kelly's elbow to JVR. If the Bruins win tonight, Kelly needs to be suspended for that. That shit isn't okay.

Nice. I am 100% behind the Leafs, but this series deserves to end this way. Win or lose, this Toronto team has shown a ton of heart.

Agreed.

This is valuable experience for a young team, and more importantly than that, it makes Toronto a big time destination again for free agents. This is a young team, with heart to match their skill, and they're growing together. If Toronto wants someone on July 5th, they have a much better chance now than they did a week ago.

........fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK

Just the fucking worst. That is the most Maple Leaf thing they could do. We were up 4-1 for fucks sake. Just.....fuck everything.

Man, the Eastern Conference seems likely to go either Ottawa or Pittsburgh's at this point. I'm leaning towards a Pittsburgh / Rangers Eastern Conference final, but who knows.

I think Boston is lucky to have escaped the first round. I think their defense is exhausted and battered. Rangers are going to the Conference Finals because the Bruins just won't have enough left.

Pittsburgh/Ottawa is really going to come down to which is better, the Pens offense, or Craig Anderson. Should be a rough series though, because of the Cooke/Karlsson incident from earlier this year. For the record, it was entirely incidental. The Senators can't be emotional here, because the Pittsburgh powerplay will bury them.

Chicago is going to take out Detroit. I always like the Wings because the organization is classy and who can really hate Mike Babcock? But I don't think they're good enough to beat two of the top teams in the league. Especially not after going seven games with a very physical Anaheim team.

Thank you very much to the San Jose Sharks for dismissing Vancouver, but that's all they're going to do this year. The Kings are every bit as physical and talented as the Sharks. The only difference is that the heart in San Jose seems to disappear sometime every post-season, and they're going to fade away as Los Angeles goes back to the Conference Finals.

Yeah, my guess right now is whoever wins the Pittsburgh/Ottawa series ends up winning the Eastern Conference and playing for the cup.

Wanna also add my other picks.......

Chicago beats Detroit, LA beats San Jose and Boston beats New York. The one I'm least sure on is Boston/New York, but I think whoever wins it ends up being too beat up to beat Ottawa or Pittsburgh. Boston/New York is going to be one physical series, I can see it going to seven easily.

Edited by Baby Hewey

I am not bothered by this. The Leafs were supposed to get crushed in this series, and instead came within a minute of knocking Boston out.

I am excited to see this team next season.

I am not bothered by this. The Leafs were supposed to get crushed in this series, and instead came within a minute of knocking Boston out.

While this is true, it is just so heart breaking.

I am glad that Kessel, Kadri, Gardnier, and Reimer showed up and showed what they were made of. With them, plus JVR, Lupul, and the rest of our prospects coming up, I think we have a bright future. We shouldn't have to wait another 9 years.

...so, do the Leafs re-sign Bozak? We seemed to do pretty alright without him the past two games.

While this is true, it is just so heart breaking.

I am glad that Kessel, Kadri, Gardnier, and Reimer showed up and showed what they were made of. With them, plus JVR, Lupul, and the rest of our prospects coming up, I think we have a bright future. We shouldn't have to wait another 9 years.

...so, do the Leafs re-sign Bozak? We seemed to do pretty alright without him the past two games.

I think the Leafs let Bozak walk. If they do, I hope the Flames put out some feelers. He's not the answer to the problems in Calgary, but he's a young center who might flourish with the opportunity.

Mike Ribeiro and Stephen Weiss are both free agents. If the Leafs are going to spend money on a center, I'd rather they try one of those two. Otherwise, maybe snag someone from a team who is desperate to shed salary at the draft... or just promote from within. Colborne looked really good playing with Lupul and Frattin.

The Leafs did a fantastic job and beat out expectations. They weren't going to make it to the Cup this year and a loss like this will only serve to humble and give them some gas in the tank next year.

The more I think about Pens/Sens, the more it becomes obvious that this is the Penguins series to lose. Vokoun is performing fantastic and the Penguins are a scoring machine. A lot has been made about how good the Islanders did, but truthfully, the Penguins mopped the floor with them twice and the rest of the games came down to bad Pittsburgh goaltending and an aggressive Islanders offense. And Pittsburgh never was out of any of the games... they came close each and every game. After we switched goaltenders, the series was over. The Senators got to have that offensive aggressiveness that the Isles had or they'll be eaten alive.

After last night, I'm riding the Bruins bandwagon for the rest of the playoffs. Hard to dislike that team. I'm a big Chara fan, and Jagr's one of my all-time favorites. So yeah, call me a bad Flyers fan or what-have-you, but I like the Bruins for the next month.

I agree. I think he can get his 4.5-5 going elsewhere, though. The market for Centers is not a very big market right now.

Clarkson is another guy I think will leave if he wants to get 4.5-5.5 million. I don't see how NJ matches that right now. Alexei Ponikarovsky has played well for them and can see a slight raise. Loktinonov, and Henrique, are RFA's.