The Continuing Chronicles Of Jay Feaster's Incompetence

Ruki

Yeah, that Habs/Sens game was crazy. I hope Subban gets what's coming to him, and soon. Great player, but what a clown. Once you start cheap shotting someone that's on their back on the ice, you should get a 2 game suspension

The benches after the line brawl, first the Habs:

bAwz3LG.jpg

And then Sens:

Re9tOID.jpg

Man the Habs got PUMMELED in all of those fights. Lost the game, lost the fights, lost their discipline, lost a player perhaps...they've just lost it. In general.

• Like 1

I'm glad you're only watching the east games. >_>

How many times is this guy for Toronto going to get kicked out of the circle for face-offs?

This has been worse since the lockout, but even more apparent in the playoffs.

Don Cherry went off on the linesmen for how many faceoff violations there are, and called them failed refs, saying they want some spotlight. I'm not so sure I agree, but there's obviously a problem. Tonight was a good example of what might be causing a good number of these. A lot of the time that Bozak was booted from the circle, the linesman had faked dropping the puck before actually dropping it. The solution really is simple here. The NHL needs to tell the linesmen to DROP THE FUCKING PUCK.

If guys are jockeying for position or taking off too early, boot the centerman and try again, I'm okay with that. But don't pretend like there's more to it than just dropping the puck. It isn't their duty to make sure that a player can tell the difference between when it gets dropped, and when the linesman is throwing a feint.

By and large, the Leafs looked pretty good tonight. The reason they lost, was because of stupid turnovers and how easily they lose focus. It's to be expected because of the young nature of the team, but it starts with Phil Kessel. The big example for me was him passing the puck right back to Phaneuf on the powerplay, without even checking to see if there was a lane for it. Dion gives the puck to the big scorer on the team, who is supposed to use his speed to create a rush up ice and gain the zone. Kessel instead decides that he doesn't want the puck. That is a terrible message for him to be sending to the rest of his teammates. It killed the momentum when they got scored on, but worse than that was how the bench reacted. Where there had been hope and intensity before the giveaway, afterwards it seemed like looking at the Calgary Flames bench two months ago. Nobody was involved, and there wasn't any energy.

For the Leafs to bounce back, Phil Kessel needs to grow up and play hard. I don't care if Chara is leaning on him the entire game, he needs to battle the entire game. When a guy who is looked to as a leader visibly gives up, it kills the rest of the bench, and the Toronto Maple Leafs are not good enough to suffer those mistakes and make it to the second round. Beating the Bruins is going to take aggression and confidence, which they showed in spades for large chunks of time tonight. If the Leafs can minimize their mistakes and play with confidence, this is still a very winnable series.