The Continuing Chronicles Of Jay Feaster's Incompetence

Ruki

I want Boston to win tonight because I'm afraid that a first round meeting with Toronto would send the Leafs packing after one round. I think if they get Montreal, that's a winnable series and it gives the young team the confidence boost it needs to stay competitive with teams like the Bruins in the second round.

Also, Leafs/Habs games are always fun to watch. A playoff series would be amazing.

Glad we got the Islanders in the first round, unless the Pens meltdown, they should finish them in five.

Here's my other predictions for the first round.

Pittsburgh in 5

Ottawa in 7

New York in 6

Boston in 7

Chicago in 5

Detroit in 6

San Jose in 5

LA in 6

Edited by Baby Hewey

Go Leafs Go!

I am hoping Kessel scores 30 in game one.

I like your enthusiasm but you'd be better off asking for 28 over four. Can't see Reimer giving up an 8-spot every game.

...Ryan O'Byrne shifts notwithstanding.

As an Islanders fan, I can appreciate the fun season it's been and am so glad to finally have them in the playoffs. If the Islanders Facebook page is any indication...most other fans don't share my sentiment. In fact a lot of them seem convinced that the Islanders "blew it" by ending up as the 8th seed. Not sure I agree with that. Yes I'd have preferred to go to Boston or something, but the Isles were clearly tired after about 6 weeks of playoff-intensive hockey.

Put a gun to my head and I'd probably say Pens in 5...but the beauty of the NHL is that all 16 teams have a chance of going on a run. It's not like the NBA where there are 16 playoff teams yet you can safely rule out like 12-13 of them, making the playoffs a formality.

With the Flyers out I don't have a dog in the hunt, but I guess I'd like to see Boston win. I have a lot of friends from the New England area, and Jagr's always been my favorite player.

Pretty much anyone but the Penguins I'm ok with, though.

Honestly, over his career Reimer actually has done ok against Boston. My two concerns are Chara shutting down Kessel and Tuuka Rask standing on his head.

If Kessel can give us some offence and take some heat off Kadri's line, I think this will be a fun and competitive series.

Yeah, this does drop McKinnon in my eyes. The first 3 teams don't really need a top line center. You can never have enough of them, but Florida has Huberdeau. Tampa has Stamkos. Colorado has Duchene. Nashville is a good option.. Carolina has the Staals. Calgary is a good option. Oilers have Hopkins. That's the top 7.