The Continuing Chronicles Of Jay Feaster's Incompetence

Ruki

True, I was surprised that Crosby's line didn't produce much, other than Kunitz' non goal. (which even as a Pens fan, I think they made the right decision, because he did kick it in)

Edited by Baby Hewey

The GM had to do this - it's clearly his fault that this has gone pear-shaped and this buys him time.

Absolutely. I think it's partly down to the owner being a bit of a tool and pressuring Regier to spend stupid money on players when the market wasn't even that good. But at the end of the day, Pegula isn't going to be getting fired by himself.

A blowup might be interesting; HNIC was talking Saturday night about the possibility of Regehr or Leopold being gone for the right price. Myers' no trade isn't active for another couple of years for that matter.

I actually think Buffalo goes for that deal over the flames. Myers has been terrible and carries a pretty big cap hit for a lot more years. I do think Buffalo might want something else, but I see them listening to offers for Myers real soon.

Scrivens just got run over by Kaleta, there was no call on the play :/

Kaleta then refuses to fight Brown, who then gets a penalty? What the actual fuck?!

That is the most retarded thing ever.

Actually, that's what's...supposed to happen. There is no requirement to fight him, and Brown was instigating :P It's not like you can give Kaleta a 2 min minor for being a cowardly POS. (Even though he is)

What about a Myers for Bouwmeester deal. He could eat up a lot of minutes for Buffalo. Myers has a cap hit until 2019 though.

The last bit is exactly why that's a bad idea. One high potential, high paid underperformer for another? Nope.

On the topic of Buffalo though, they should blow it up. Not rebuild, just retool. Do what Montreal did, move out most of your players and put a team together. Except, unlike Montreal, maybe do it with a specific idea of what you want the team to be.

Regier just received an extension before the season started, so if he wants to keep his job, I think now is the time to move out some guys. It's a short season, so if it doesn't work, oh well. Another GM will come in if Regier fails in that attempt, and do a little bit of cleanup during the off-season.

Kaleta then refuses to fight Brown, who then gets a penalty? What the actual fuck?!

Actually, that's what's...supposed to happen. There is no requirement to fight him, and Brown was instigating :P It's not like you can give Kaleta a 2 min minor for being a cowardly POS. (Even though he is)

Still, you can't expect to run over a goalie and NOT fight. What did he think would happen?

What about a Myers for Bouwmeester deal. He could eat up a lot of minutes for Buffalo. Myers has a cap hit until 2019 though.

The last bit is exactly why that's a bad idea. One high potential, high paid underperformer for another? Nope.

Honestly Gabe, you have absolutely zero grasp of how little leverage Calgary has in this situation. This is the best-case-scenario for Calgary right now. Trade guys looking for a fresh start. Maybe if Bouwmeester's dollars were a little better you'd get him for a first (as has been the premium for minute-munchers in years past)

Still, you can't expect to run over a goalie and NOT fight. What did he think would happen?

Yes, you can.