The Continuing Chronicles Of Jay Feaster's Incompetence

Ruki

Oh come on! I love Burkie! The team we have now is so much better than when he started. Now I'm scared...who the hell is going to be the GM?

The only person I would accept is Dave Nonnis. I don't want someone who is going to come in and try and make a quick fix by trading away our picks and prospects to just get into the playoffs and lose.

So MLSE hires a soccer coach that is has never coached before and is currently under a playing contract in England; the Raptors have a GM who drafts more Europeans than talent, and hire a coach who has never had a winning season; and now drop a highly controversial and polarizing GM in Brian Burke, only to keep him within the organization and promote his close friend/co-worker/advisor to the GM spot.

What the hell are they doing?

• Like 1

This is a dumb move. If you're going to fire Burke you fire him when he fires the coach. You clean house then and then you take four months and find a General Manager, then give him two months to find his head coach. This is ass backwards by the Leafs, but I suppose that was a bit redundant and could have just read that this is by the Leafs.

Lots of talk that Burke got fired because he wasn't willing to put enough on the table to get Luongo. This is good news for Canucks fans. Let those assets fly Nonis!

Lots of talk that Burke got fired because he wasn't willing to put enough on the table to get Luongo. This is good news for Canucks fans. Let those assets fly Nonis!

I heard that it would be Kadri + Bozak or Kadri + Gards. The first one I could live with....second one? I would flip my shit.

New ownership has an interest in the team being good so that they can make more money airing and selling ads and subscriptions for TML games. That means they want more control than old ownership was exerting (none) and Burke's personality isn't really conducive to all that.

By not changing anything you can see they buy the direction and the people he's put in place. Nonis is his proxy. Someone or several people just don't like the whole cowboy routine. I feel like a lot of the coverage has basically been saying this without saying it outright.