Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

It's still not in context of the show and taken by some rando's phone/camera. Of course it's not going to look good. This growing trend of judging shows/movies based on out of context pictures taken by fans is insane to me. 

• Like 1

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, =BK= said:

No? There's nothing wrong with the word hooker. " We're going to make our own ___ with backjack and hookers!" is one of the most common jokes on this forum.

They took that woman, dressed her like a typical Crime TV show  veteran hooker and said it's Starfire.

I’m gonna leave it at this one post to not take the thread off track, but hooker is a distinctly derogatory term for sex workers who have it hard enough as it is. Just because it’s been done before doesn’t make it okay.

On top of that, let’s not indicate that looking like a sex worker is a bad thing.

I’ll leave it there and move on.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, El Hijosh del Ice Cream said:

There’s more than one source out there on this, but I like this one to explain a few terms.

Ok,  while I agree with almost that whole thing..

Prostitute is a Slur

Gtfo 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Benjamin said:

LoT & AoS are like the direct opposite of each other and they're each so fucking good at what they do. Both are far and away better than any other superhero show on TV.

Agree 100%.  I never gave up on AoS, even during that rather weak first half of S1.  But I gave up on LoT 6 episodes into S1.  Only picked up on it again after I read many reviews raving how much better S2 was

• Like 1

Yeah, I think I was really ready to give up on LoT in season 1, mostly for the bloody bird couple more than anything else, IIRC. I don't remember what kept me watching, unless it was just that I was lucky to have so much free time at the time.

3 hours ago, Jericode said:

I've never watched Legends of Tomorrow and that sounds just bizarre enough that I might start.

If you do,  skip S1 and go right to S2.  

• Like 1

Legends isn't my thing because I don't like 99% of time travel stuff and the general buzz around it tells me it's one of those shows people like because it's wacky but I love the Star City 2046 episode. It's like the best Arrow episode.

So, the LoT ep 'Guest Starring John Noble'... equal parts ridiculous and brilliant. 

• Like 2