Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

On 05/09/2019 at 08:09, MDK said:

I haven't seen Hacksaw Ridge or La La Land, what was wrong with them?

I've seen Green Book though, I know that wasn't entirely faithful to what really happened. 

For me, Hacksaw Ridge was problematic because its a film about a pacifist and yet still manages to glorify the war and be all 'MERICA. Each to their own on it, though. 

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It essentially means “I don’t like him and I won’t go near anything to do with him.” Or “I have no time for him.” That sort of thing. Alternatively, telling someone “That’s why I fuck(s) with you” means, “The thing you just said/did is a great example of why I like being around you.”

Old man.

Would very much like to have Rick Flagg be the first character killed off, immediately as the film begins and then have him never be spoken of again, lest he becomes the main character of the film again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Would very much like to have Rick Flagg be the first character killed off, immediately as the film begins and then have him never be spoken of again, lest he becomes the main character of the film again.

Then have him come back as Robocop, right?! :shifty:

• Like 1

On 13/09/2019 at 14:37, Howdy Cloudy said:

Every time I see a trailer for this I get more and more interested.

Without looking too much into it - I'm hazarding a guess that they've covered up Rorschach's message to the press at the end of the original and the Calvary are the people who know about it?

This is what's on the Wiki page of the show, at least:

Spoiler

In a lengthy Instagram post from Damon Lindelof while the show was in early production, it was revealed that the Watchmen series will not be a direct adaptation of the original source material, instead, being "remixed"; aiming to tell an entirely new story set in the world where the events of the original storyline took place.[3] The series will also showcase different points of view, with the only characters from the original storyline confirmed to appear in the series being Doctor Manhattan, the former Silk Spectre, and former hero Ozymandias.[4][5]

So I guess it has nothing to do with the original story, which in a way is a good thing.