Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Apsham said:

Maybe this is just my preference in heroes - but... is there a version of Superman that isn't there and doesn't say or do anything? :shifty:

Superman is a weird hero for me. When he's written well, the stories are compelling and he's interestingly flawed as a character... but the vast majority of the time, the stories aren't written well.

The best Superman they could do for films right now would be Injustice-style Superman. A man who plays God because of a legitimate belief that somebody needs to do it, but loses everything about himself that made the symbol important.

In fact, DC shouldn't even be trying to connect these movies anymore. Just call it the DC Multiverse and give us movies that stand alone. If they need more than one film to tell the story, that's fine. Use two, three, four, whatever. But don't connect them to the other existing films. The DC team just can't seem to handle it, but they have so much potential for awesome storytelling.

Injustice should come to life at some point. Blackest Night would make a great trilogy. The Arkham videogame series could even be adapted to some level.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

Hyperion? :rolleyes:

Nah, Cavill's going to be too busy struggling with the role of Geralt in the Witcher series.

Though, Cavill coming in as Hyperion briefly, then losing his mind, becoming basically villain Superman, and then getting his ass whooped by The Avengers.... that would be a pretty awesome parallel to draw between the MCU and DCEU.

28 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

Superman is a weird hero for me. When he's written well, the stories are compelling and he's interestingly flawed as a character... but the vast majority of the time, the stories aren't written well.

The best Superman they could do for films right now would be Injustice-style Superman. A man who plays God because of a legitimate belief that somebody needs to do it, but loses everything about himself that made the symbol important.

In fact, DC shouldn't even be trying to connect these movies anymore. Just call it the DC Multiverse and give us movies that stand alone. If they need more than one film to tell the story, that's fine. Use two, three, four, whatever. But don't connect them to the other existing films. The DC team just can't seem to handle it, but they have so much potential for awesome storytelling.

Injustice should come to life at some point. Blackest Night would make a great trilogy. The Arkham videogame series could even be adapted to some level.

KINGDOM COME.

Seriously. There no way Injustice should even get a look before Kingdom Come.

For the record, the music is reserved for one organization only and they seem incredibly unwilling to fuck up catastrophically this year.

I think what I've seen of him elsewhere, particularly The Man From UNCLE, reveals Cavill as a better actor than his Superman stuff would suggest, and even in Justice League I think there was stuff with him I liked (particularly all of his stuff with The Flash). Losing him's not the end of the world. But also Jesus, just looking at that article with all of the DCEU's plans just makes me shake my head. Part of what makes Shazam! so interesting is that it's a hero that's not been adapted for the big screen, with an angle that's decidedly different from any other superhero movie. Why do a Supergirl movie next? Like, both of DC's successes (Wonder Woman, Suicide Squad on the box-office front if not critically) have been things that felt genuinely unique. Maybe just... stay away from the Superman and Batman franchises on the big screen for a bit until you have a foundation that can survive another recast?

Its since been updated to its final movie look

HwUw3gs.jpg

• Haha 1

Is that Joker supposed to be in the same continuity  as Suicide Squad Joker? Cause that's a hell of a difference.