Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

I had previously expressed disappointment in the teaser.  I withdraw that.  That trailer looks REALLY good

• Like 1

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What symbol will be on his chest, and what powers will he have? Literally everything Venom has in the way of aesthetics and powers are modeled after Peter Parker, so that begs the question... no web slinging? “spider”sense? What about the symbol on his chest, that came from Spider-Man too.

I love the look, and the seemingly horror premise they’re going for, but it’s still really weird to do a solo Venom movie where the symbiote has never came into contact with Parker, and Eddie Brock is the first host.

Well it was rumored Tom Holland was on set to film a cameo.  So maybe that?  Really not sure, since Spider-Man takes place in NYC and this seems to be in San Francisco..

11 minutes ago, tristy said:

What symbol will be on his chest, and what powers will he have? Literally everything Venom has in the way of aesthetics and powers are modeled after Peter Parker, so that begs the question... no web slinging? “spider”sense? What about the symbol on his chest, that came from Spider-Man too.

I love the look, and the seemingly horror premise they’re going for, but it’s still really weird to do a solo Venom movie where the symbiote has never came into contact with Parker, and Eddie Brock is the first host.

Spoiler

Maybe when it first manifests it needs a model and sees Spider-Man on a TV or a newspaper.

It's obviously not impossible for him to cross over into the MCU, and casting Tom Hardy certainly helps their chances.   

5 hours ago, Van Shammer said:

Wait... has it always been symbi-OAT? I always thought it was symbi-AUGHT.

• Like 3

So...uhhh....this happened

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

So Deadpool 2.  Don't know if I agree with the review that say its better then the first, but at worst, its just as good as the first one

13 hours ago, Lint said:

So Deadpool 2.  Don't know if I agree with the review that say its better then the first, but at worst, its just as good as the first one

10 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Deadpool 2 was great. The first one was super average to me, and quite plodding. This was so much better than the first.

Honestly I felt Deadpool 2 was better on all fronts than the first. And it's also a lot to do because they got a clean slate for this one, didn't have to rush to rewrite a film that was effectively cancelled and only saved from Reynolds and co. going rogue and leaking stuff about the first.

This film was just better, it had pacing, it had a direction and focus and really built itself up throughout the story that they wrote. It just felt connected, and because they managed to get all the table-setting done in the first, they managed to really focus on hitting it out of the park instantly.

Better action, better characters, better story, better jokes, and it sure as hell even managed to make me emotional a few times without ever losing its funny bone. It's one of those rare films that just knows exactly what it needs to do and does that with style and grace, and a shitload of toilet humour for good measure.

And I just loved all the cameos and reference being slid in all over the place. 

• Like 1