2012/13 Europa League thread

Lineker

Chelsea versus Benfica confirmed.

Delightful.

Shame with only about 10,000 tickets on sale to each team's fans, there's virtually no chance I'll get to go. :(

Speaking of which, if I were to try to buy a ticket, where would I go to? I'm guessing Benfica's site will have them, but besides that, is there any other site? From UEFA or something?

Also... BENFICA'S IN THE FUCKING FINAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :w00t:

I don't know how the "UEFA" tickets work. I always thought they probably went on sale months before the finalists were even decided (for the corporate types who don't care about the teams, naturally).

Otherwise the clubs' own websites, yeah.

Chelsea website confirm 9,800 seater allocation. Going to put my name in for a Thomas Cook coach package and see if I get lucky. Not rich enough to plug for the plane ticket like I did for Munich, and at least the coach trip will be only...um...six hours or so each way...

Ticket prices we're being quoted are £117, £86.50, £60.50 and £39. These would seem to be direct conversions of the official prices on UEFA.com - at 135, 100, 70 and 45 euros. Obviously these are tickets that you need a mass of Chelsea club loyalty points to get access to, rather than generic scalps.

And fans only get 10k allocation because it's a 52,000 seater stadium and UEFA are dickwads.

Ticket prices we're being quoted are £117, £86.50, £60.50 and £39. These would seem to be direct conversions of the official prices on UEFA.com - at 135, 100, 70 and 45 euros. Obviously these are tickets that you need a mass of Chelsea club loyalty points to get access to, rather than generic scalps.

And fans only get 10k allocation because it's a 52,000 seater stadium and UEFA are dickwads.

Pretty much that point. Same with the FA giving out shit allocations for FA Cup semis and final or the League Cup final.

Because they decide about 20,000 needs to go to members of the UEFA/FA family, competition winners and sponsors, its a joke hopefully you can get a ticket. If not you could always just use it as an excuse for a break in Amsterdam I suppose :P

It was fucking surreal. I've watched many big matches in our stadium but tonight it was really incredible.

I'm also happy that we get Chelsea in the final. Always good to watch David Luiz and Ramires. :)

Congratulations to the Chelsea fans around here.

It was fucking surreal. I've watched many big matches in our stadium but tonight it was really incredible.

I'm also happy that we get Chelsea in the final. Always good to watch David Luiz and Ramires. :)

Congratulations to the Chelsea fans around here.

I'm so freakin' jealous of you for actually being there in person you wouldn't even believe it. I was undecided up 'till the last minute, but then the tickets were expensive and I'm (definitely) going to see the game against Estoril and (hopefully) the game against Moreirense (you know... the title games) so I can (hopefully) celebrate the title win.

Still, I think I would have a heart attack in the stadium; I almost had one at home.

Late in on this, but Chelsea-Benfica should be a great final.

Hype! Hype! Hype! :w00t:

Plus, a very (...very) brief recap of our CL encounters last year, extracted from the middle of the so-very-excellent CL win recap video:

http://youtu.be/MsOPOrQAw7I?t=8m5s

Loyalty point tiers have been announced for Chelsea fans. Tickets will initially go on sale to those with 96 points or more. Then those with 87 points. Then those with 79 points.

Typically I fall just outside the second tier with only 84 points. I would have to be very lucky, but either way I should know tomorrow.

*crosses fingers in vain*