2012/13 Europa League thread

Lineker

Benfica are probably the best team of the other three left.

Not sure a trip to Turkey would be wonderful fun in the midst of our fixtures (or indeed, ever).

Basel...oh I dunno.

Screw it: any of them will do.

I'm sure fans of any team that isn't Man City and Man Utd would love to win the Europa League. A trophy is a trophy.

Hell City fans would even love it and I'm sure United fans would enjoy it too. You saying they get nothing for it is a bit silly, you don't get much for winning any trophy really :/

They win the FA Cup and get... and a Europa League place.

You seem confused about the purpose of this trophy. Do you want me to post pictures of the six FA Cup winning Chelsea teams there have been since Spurs last won it? Perhaps they will jog your memory.

• Like 2

It hurts me every year that Tottenham don't win a trophy. I'd rather win The FA Cup or League Cup or Europa League every year than finish fourth. The game is about the glory after all fellow Spurs fans.

....and the only happiness we can take is that we've won a trophy more recently than Arsenal and for all their years in the Champions League they've won it precisely ZERO times. You're either first or nowhere at all.

• Like 2

You seem confused about the purpose of this trophy. Do you want me to post pictures of the six FA Cup winning Chelsea teams there have been since Spurs last won it? Perhaps they will jog your memory.

You're such a cock :lol:

You're such a cock :lol:

I think it's got worse since I moved from a job where every other person was a Spurs fan (and most of the rest were Liverpool), to a job where most of the people don't care about football...and even the United fan has just gone on maternity leave for a year. The outlet for tongue-in-cheek mockery is starved!

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a trophy win. But in this day and age, you need top 4 to attract the players to push on, not to mention the money...

Anyway, I'm done with this thread now <_<

It hurts me every year that Tottenham don't win a trophy. I'd rather win The FA Cup or League Cup or Europa League every year than finish fourth. The game is about the glory after all fellow Spurs fans.

....and the only happiness we can take is that we've won a trophy more recently than Arsenal and for all their years in the Champions League they've won it precisely ZERO times. You're either first or nowhere at all.

That was why I was happy when we won the League cup last year and getting to the FA cup final last year because we had went ages without winning a trophy. End of the day you look at the things you have won rather then constantly finishing in a certain position yet never really challenging for anything. The memories of the road to a cup final and then winning it are the things you enjoy as a football fan.

Yes, the Champions League is the biggest cup competition in club football and the money generated from being in it can't be ignored but I'd take winning trophies over just being happy with 4th every year. I've been fortunate enough as a Liverpool fan in being around for a time in which I've been able to see us win a treble, win the Champions League and get to another final, and win the League cup, Uefa cup and FA cup, recent years haven't been so kind but that's football.

End of the day when you are at a stadium, going around on a tour you normally go and see the trophy cabinet. You don't want to look at a book with "Finished 4th this year, Finished 7th this year, Finished 4th this year" you want to look at the shiny trophies.