2012/13 Europa League thread

Lineker

Newcastle had a spell where they had to score a they were all over Benfica for about ten mins, they didn't and they went out. Impressive performance though when you consider the difference in quality between the two teams. A fully fit Newcastle team with a few new signings could be a real force next year.

I didn't realise Spurs have only won 4 games and drew loads in the Europa League this season.

Yeah we've been really poor in the Europa League and yet have led a charmed life throughout it so far. If we get through this I'll start to feel that it's our destiny.

Extra time is fine. We're not playing this weekend so it's 10 days until the Man City game where a few of these players won't be playing anyway.

I can't see five players for Spurs who I'd WANT to take a penalty. Not Adebayor, not Dempsey, not Gylfi.

Maybe Huddlestone. Maybe Holtby cos Germans are great at penalties.

BAE would probably give me a heart attack by wandering up and chipping it over the keeper into the middle.

No matter what, I'm proud of the team for working so hard and putting so much effort in without Bale and Lennon there.

But honestly, I can't remember the last time the team I wanted to win on penalties did <_<