2012/13 Europa League thread

Lineker

What are Spurs fans opinions on Adebayor?

Whenever I've seen him on TV this season, I just seem to get frustrated watching him. He'll be hitting tame shots, looks like he isn't putting much effort in and generally under performs. But considering I've only seen a hand full of Spurs games this season I can only go of those games.

Dembele was good in the first 15 minutes.

As for Adebayor, he gets caught offside far too often, has totally lost his shot this season and DOES look lazy. However he actually offers more than it seems, in a bit of a Berbatov way really. His movement is good, he holds up the ball well and plays neat little passes and one-twos.....That's not really what you need from a goalscorer but he does give something.

What are Spurs fans opinions on Adebayor?

Whenever I've seen him on TV this season, I just seem to get frustrated watching him. He'll be hitting tame shots, looks like he isn't putting much effort in and generally under performs. But considering I've only seen a hand full of Spurs games this season I can only go of those games.

Adebayor has been frequently injured but also just generally frustrating. He fits the system better than Defoe (who has become just as ineffectual in the last few months), but has barely any confidence in front of goal anymore. He has scored a couple of goals recently, which is nice, but there are so many mind-boggling "how did you not score that?!?" goals. I wouldn't be shocked to see him gone in the summer.

Also, ouch. We're probably done.

EDIT: What a stupid, stupid card for Dempsey to get.

Hmph. Dempsey gets booked for "thanking" the ref for giving the freekick but Salah didn't get punished earlier in the game for brandishing an imaginary yellow card. Ho-hum.

I think we can chase this. I thought I'd feel down if we conceded but I feel more positive than when the game began. How strange.

GET. ADEBAYOR. OFF.