2012/13 Europa League thread

Lineker

• Admin

Our starting team tonight: Friedel, Walker, Vertonghen, Gallas, Assou-Ekotto, Dembele, Parker, Lennon, Sigurdsson, Bale & Defoe

Ugh, Gallas over Dawson infuriates me!

Full teams:

Tottenham: Friedel, Walker, Gallas, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto, Parker, Dembele, Lennon, Sigurdsson, Bale, Defoe.

Subs: Lloris, Naughton, Dawson, Holtby, Livermore, Caulker, Carroll.

Inter Milan: Handanovic, Zanetti, Ranocchia, Chivu, Juan, Gargano, Cambiasso, Alvarez, Kovacic, Pereira, Cassano.

Subs: Belec, Palacio, Guarin, Benassi, Pasa, Mbaye, Jonathan.

Referee: Antonio Miguel Mateu Lahoz (Spain)

Ugh, Gallas over Dawson infuriates me!

It... shouldn't? Squad rotation should be a thing and Gallas was good vs. Lyon. Dawson's gonna start Sunday. It's fine.
  • Like 1

It is staggering how devoid this team is of purpose, instinct, or pretty much anything that could be constituted as them having a clue what they're supposed to be doing.

Can you say that fatigue or other physical factors are primarily responsible for this? No chance. The manager sent them out to play like shite and, I can only presume, told them to keep it up at half-time.

FT 1-0

If that's a dive then every time someone goes down in the box and it isn't a penalty it should be a yellow card. He makes contact with Bale and Bale loses balance. How the pointless official didn't see that I don't know, it's not as though anything obstructed his view.

Edit: Yes he did make they most of it though. That doesn't make it a dive.

• Like 2

If that's a dive then every time someone goes down in the box and it isn't a penalty it should be a yellow card. He makes contact with Bale and Bale loses balance. How the pointless official didn't see that I don't know, it's not as though anything obstructed his view.

The player didn't even stick his leg out. He wouldn't have touched him if Bale didn't flick his leg out himself.

Good second goal though.

Bale being out of the return leg could be a blessing in disguise. Inter look very ordinary and you could have a decent lead going into the away leg. He'll be less likely to be suspended later on in the tournament now.

The player didn't even stick his leg out. He wouldn't have touched him if Bale didn't flick his leg out himself.

Good second goal though.

He didn't stick a leg out but he did continue into the path of Bale and there was nothing unnatural about Bale's movement imo.he could have probably stayed on his feet if he really wanted to though. Never a pen but not a dive either.