nPower Football League Thread 2012/13

Lineker

I've been out of the loop and that video has been taken down - what did di Canio do?

He brought off goalkeeper Wes Foderingham in the 21st minute of their 4-1 defeat to Swindon after he conceded two goals. They then had a row on the touchline, and after the match Di Canio went on this big rant about how he was the only player who let the side down against Stoke and he was the worst professional he's ever managed and that he'd never play for the club again unless he apologised. So now Wes has apologised, and apparently he's going to get fined and that will be that.

There are rumours circulating that, for reasons I really cannot understand, Bates wants to put us into administration rather than sell us to the potential buyers. I really can't see what he gains from that at all, if anything he loses the £40m that the buyers are wanting to pay him. LUST are supposidly releasing some sort of statement about the club's finances this week - which I can only assume is information that has come from their contact in the purchasing party - what that entails I have no idea.

In Saturday's programme notes Bates seemed to indicate that the reason he's reluctant to sell is because they've not shown him a business plan... I mean, surely the fact they're billionaires willing to throw money at the club is enough of a business plan... it certainly can't be worse than his own which has somehow seen the club with the highest ticket sales in the Championship, who have sold off all of their best players in the last 2-3 years and has the lowest turnover to wages ratio in the Football League develop a cashflow problem because of stupid building projects, court cases when the owner can't keep his mouth shut and a £2m-loss-per-year radio station that no fucker listens to.

Fuck Ken Bates :/

That is an absolutely crazy thing to say, for a Leeds United fan of all people.

There are rumours circulating that, for reasons I really cannot understand, Bates wants to put us into administration rather than sell us to the potential buyers. I really can't see what he gains from that at all, if anything he loses the £40m that the buyers are wanting to pay him. LUST are supposidly releasing some sort of statement about the club's finances this week - which I can only assume is information that has come from their contact in the purchasing party - what that entails I have no idea.

In Saturday's programme notes Bates seemed to indicate that the reason he's reluctant to sell is because they've not shown him a business plan... I mean, surely the fact they're billionaires willing to throw money at the club is enough of a business plan... it certainly can't be worse than his own which has somehow seen the club with the highest ticket sales in the Championship, who have sold off all of their best players in the last 2-3 years and has the lowest turnover to wages ratio in the Football League develop a cashflow problem because of stupid building projects, court cases when the owner can't keep his mouth shut and a £2m-loss-per-year radio station that no fucker listens to.

Fuck Ken Bates :/

That is an absolutely crazy thing to say, for a Leeds United fan of all people.

The difference is they're billionaires that are going to throw their own money at the club... not someone with relatively no money throwing money he doesn't have at the club. It'd be the same as questioning Man City or Chelsea's business plan.

Are you certain it's their own money? Pretty sure all the Notts County fans were saying the same thing when Munto took over. And it turned out Munto weren't even a real entity.

I would never wish for my club to be taken over by an arab billionaire alledging to have bottomless bags of cash. Leeds United right now could be in a far worse situation than they are.

Are you certain it's their own money? Pretty sure all the Notts County fans were saying the same thing when Munto took over. And it turned out Munto weren't even a real entity.

I would never wish for my club to be taken over by an arab billionaire alledging to have bottomless bags of cash. Leeds United right now could be in a far worse situation than they are.

If it's who everyone suspects it to be then yeah, they're rich. They gave Bates £4m as an exclusivity fee for Christ's sake, they're clearly not short on cash if they can spend £4m on nothing, essentially.

Edit: And it's hardly as if Bates' business plan is amazing, given that we're rumoured to be on the verge of administration again :/

Yeah I would have thought there were enough club horror stories by now about "super rich" owners who either a) secretly have no money, b) have money but don't spend any of it after purchase, c) splurge for a few months and then bugger off to leave the club in an even worse state, or d) something new and surprising.

Have an offer through work of £5 tickets to see MK Dons, which I *might* have entertained on an international weekend and all...but this Saturday they're away at Walsall. YOU LOSE, MK DONS.

Yeah I would have thought there were enough club horror stories by now about "super rich" owners who either a) secretly have no money, b) have money but don't spend any of it after purchase, c) splurge for a few months and then bugger off to leave the club in an even worse state, or d) something new and surprising.

Have an offer through work of £5 tickets to see MK Dons, which I *might* have entertained on an international weekend and all...but this Saturday they're away at Walsall. YOU LOSE, MK DONS.

But Walsall is lovely! The motroway underpass, the shed that is the "Visiting Supporters Club" and this beauty:

581340_492542914089763_1514371305_n.jpg

So I think you're missing out by not going!