nPower Football League Thread 2012/13

Lineker

There are rumours circulating that, for reasons I really cannot understand, Bates wants to put us into administration rather than sell us to the potential buyers. I really can't see what he gains from that at all, if anything he loses the £40m that the buyers are wanting to pay him. LUST are supposidly releasing some sort of statement about the club's finances this week - which I can only assume is information that has come from their contact in the purchasing party - what that entails I have no idea.

In Saturday's programme notes Bates seemed to indicate that the reason he's reluctant to sell is because they've not shown him a business plan... I mean, surely the fact they're billionaires willing to throw money at the club is enough of a business plan... it certainly can't be worse than his own which has somehow seen the club with the highest ticket sales in the Championship, who have sold off all of their best players in the last 2-3 years and has the lowest turnover to wages ratio in the Football League develop a cashflow problem because of stupid building projects, court cases when the owner can't keep his mouth shut and a £2m-loss-per-year radio station that no fucker listens to.

Fuck Ken Bates :/