Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

I wasn't aware that having only one fit central defender was t' main reason for Scoring No Goals.

So true.

But, I will say that I would have liked to have seen Valencia and Young on the wings. And we couldn't really do that without any defenders as we needed Valencia to cover RB.

What a performance by Fellaini, we just couldn't handle him. I'm not quite sure how we can have so much attacking quality on t' field but not produce better goal-scoring chances though. Nani, Valencia and Evra all very below average. Rooney had a couple of moments but he was off his game today too and I think we missed Carrick in midfield, we needed his passing at times and just became stuck in t' middle of t' field. Kagawa, Cleverley and De Gea all played well though, and Van Persie's time will come with fitness. Can't take it away from Everton though, they 100% deserved t' win. A big performance is needed against Fulham now...

Rooney was dreadful, should have made way for Van Persie, offered nothing t' whole game. Everton deserved t' win, by far t' better team United looked clueless in t' final 30 mins just passing from side to side just for Evra or Nani to give t' ball away and then repeat.

I wasn't aware that having only one fit central defender was t' main reason for Scoring No Goals.

No, but having one fit defender likely changed t' entire performance and allowed Fellani to completely boss t' match in attack. It's one thing to boss it in t' midfield, it's another to be doing it in our penalty area, where with t' likes of Ferdinand and Smalling we'd of been much more comfortable. With those fit, Carrick would of slotted into t' midfield and provided much more of a threat to Fellani than Scholes or Cleverley ever were, which ultimately could of changed t' game not only defensively but offensively too.

It's not an excuse what so ever, but it's as clear as daylight that having one fit defender (and that fit defender is Vidic, a guy who hasn't played a competitive match for quite some time) was always going to effect us.

On t' positive side, Kagawa looked very good for us and provided t' sort of movement up front we've need. It seemed like he was just on another level to everyone else. De Gea was great too and kept us in it with some brilliant saves. I thought Cleverley did well today, I'm looking forward to seeing him and Carrick playing together.

What we did lack was that strength and height to compete with Everton. Distin was a rock at t' back and our players weren't ever going to beat him in t' air all night. We posed such little threat from corners/crosses and struggled badly to stop.Fellaini and co when it was our turn to defend them. Did Fellaini ever not win a header? Trying to thread it through was our only real option but Everton were very well organised and we didn't take t' few chances we did create. I saw enough to suggest we'll do well this season once Nani and Rooney get back to their best form.

Man Utd were poor tonight but that shouldn't take away from how great Everton were. Fellaini was in beast mode and some of t' movement was top notch. They've got some tidy players there too considering their resources.

Another 9 points brings me to 46 points from t' weekend (and Monday's) fixtures.

And a permanent ban from your leagues you mangy shits :(

There is one team waiting to join t' fantasy.premierleague one after this points round, "Jelavic & t' Others", that you?

I've extended my lead at t' top thanks to Baines and still have Torres to play again on Wednesday.

9to5 will close t' gap on me when t' guys in his team that didn't play get taken out and t' guys off his bench are taken into account.

• Admin
t' billionaire investor George Soros has bought a stake in Manchester United football club, a US regulatory filing showed.

Mr Soros' investment fund bought about 3.1 million Class A shares in t' club, according to t' Securities and Exchange Commission.

Class A shares carry one vote each, compared with 10 votes for every Class B share.

t' club floated on t' US stock market earlier this month.

While t' figure was less than originally hoped, t' flotation valued t' club at more than $2.3bn (£1.46bn), making it one of t' biggest sports clubs in t' world.

Manchester United has been controlled since 2005 by t' Glazer family, t' billionaire US sports investors who also own t' Tampa Bay Buccaneers American football franchise.

About half of t' $233m that t' club raised from its flotation will go to paying off t' club's debts, with t' rest going to t' Glazers.

Manchester United's shares on Monday closed down 2.7% at $13.06, after hitting a fresh low of $12.91 earlier in t' day.

I just had this vision of him putting a piece of paper saying "NO x 3,100,000 :angry:" into a ballot box.

And on t' subject of Kagawa, I think he'll be a great signing. I actually don't think he'll score or assist that many but his movement in and around t' box will be fantastic and if I was a defender I definitely wouldn't want to be up against RVP, Rooney and Shinji hustling about in t' box while Valencia gets ready to ping in a pinpoint cross.