Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

Latest rumour doing the rounds is one I can't believe nobody here has mentioned:

Howard Webb

:o

1000/1 at Coral

Mourinho getting the job because Chelsea were stalling on the 20m euro buyout clause and didn't expect anyone else to make a bid for his services would be flat out glorious. It'd be like witnessing the Robinho situation on a much grander scale.

Whoever gets the United job, or indeed the Chelsea job, will have been negotiated and confirmed months in advance.

The narrative with last-minute twists like "oh on 8th May Chelsea were stalling on this clause and then on 9th May United announced this and everyone changed their minds etc. etc." is just something invented by the newspapers to a) keep things interesting, and b) mask how they are completely ignorant of the real goings-on at clubs for months at a time.

According to the Spanish Newspapers yesterday, the thing that was stalling the Mourinho transfer to Chelsea was that Abramovich wanted to appoint Football director that would be taking care of the club's transfers and Mourinho wanted to do it himself.

According to the Spanish Newspapers yesterday, the thing that was stalling the Mourinho transfer to Chelsea was that Abramovich wanted to appoint Football director that would be taking care of the club's transfers and Mourinho wanted to do it himself.

I refer the Honourable Gentleman to my earlier statement... :shifty:

Whoever gets the United job, or indeed the Chelsea job, will have been negotiated and confirmed months in advance.

Agreed, no way that Ferguson just decided this last night. There was no way United and Chelsea haven't been preparing their new managers for months.

I refer the Honourable Gentleman to my earlier statement... :shifty:

I understand what you said, doesn't mean it's 100% correct. Transfers have gone sour for much less that that, even if they seemed safe.

The last time a manager who cast as big of a shadow as Fergie left a club, his successor lasted 44 days.

Gazz channels C-MIL with a cryptic, riddle post!

Brian Clough following on from Don Revie, I imagine.