Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

Alex Ferguson is understood to be giving serious consideration to ending his 26-year reign as Manchester United manager. More follows

#mufc

Would suprise me if he retired with such short notice. He's always said he'd continue as long as his health permits it, so whether this hip thing he's got is worse than he's let on or there's some other health concerns that's come to light I'm not sure. Guess we'll find out sooner rather than later because the way the press are running with this I'm sure United are gonna have to make some sort of statement soon.

If he does decide to call it a day (I hope he doesn't) then I'd like Mourinho to come in. Sure would be strange without Fergie though...

I refuse to believe any news stories posted by Nerf! :P

Good thing I didn't post it then.

You can prove nothing!

• Admin

Oddly enough Sky seem to be completely ignoring this rumour. You'd have thought their sources would have come up with some sort of exclusive about it by now.

Well, Through The Night is on repeat until 6am now...

Oddly enough Sky seem to be completely ignoring this rumour. You'd have thought their sources would have come up with some sort of exclusive about it by now.

Well, Through The Night is on repeat until 6am now...
News broke around 10pm though didn't it? I thought theywere live until 12.

I wasn't :P

I think it'd be the biggest thing to happen in British football for many years. I just can't even imagine a Premier League or Man Utd side without Ferguson at the helm. I think in my head I've just assumed he is going to carry on forever.