Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

YEEESSSS

See you Spurs fans on Wednesday where we'll wrap up your CL hopes for good.

Can't you let us win though?

that way we can both get 4th and laugh at Arsenal.

I understand it'd just as much fun to laugh at us, but it wouldn't be fun for me. :(

This requires guarantees of Arsenal dropping points in advance. They don't play again until after both our games against Spurs and Villa.

...So sorry, but no. ¬_¬

YEEESSSS

I understand it'd just as much fun to laugh at us, but it wouldn't be fun for me. :(

It's much more fun to laugh at Spurs than Arsenal.

• Like 3

YEEESSSS

This requires guarantees of Arsenal dropping points in advance. They don't play again until after both our games against Spurs and Villa.

...So sorry, but no. ¬_¬

Na it doesn't. If we win we're both on 68 points with Arsenal on 67 with two games left. As long we both win our last two games, there's nothing they can do about it.

YEEESSSS

It's much more fun to laugh at Spurs than Arsenal.

And it's even more fun to laugh at Liverpool.

I've said for the past six or seven weeks that Norwich are still in real trouble. They can't score a goal.

Next week's home game against West Brom is huge for Norwich. Wigan/Swansea on Tuesday and the QPR/Newcastle games look vital aswell.

Wigan should beat Swansea tomorrow. Since the League Cup final or so it seems like they've been the better team. Incidentally if Wigan win they'll only be 5 points behind Swansea despite everybody's praise. They've only got 43 points, it's not that great :/ (though I understand a lot of that is due to the COC). Beausejour will be a big miss and I'm gutted for Wigan that it's looking like he's out for the final too, quality player.

The lead headline on BBC Football is of course Ferguson being displeased at Luiz's "play acting". Get a grip <_<

I'm at a bit of a loss with the Swansea praise. Yeah, they won the League Cup but they've been shit ever since. They've been really poor lately.

THEY PLAY IN TRIANGLES!

I'd hate for Swansea to go down, they've given all the top teams great games at their place and it's cool to see a legend like Laudrup in the league and I am sure they'll be bringing in some skillful players in the summer. Boggles the mind how Michu hasn't been recognized for any of the awards

Is there any way they could still go down? That would be brilliant.

No, Wigan are eight points behind with three to play but if Wigan won all three, it would mean Villa lost at least one, meaning Villa they can only get 43 points maximum (which Swansea have now) but have a goal difference of -21 compared to Swansea's -1.

Even that relies on every other team below Swansea picking up maximum points.

Looking at a recent article on the Sky Sports site and Laudrup says he will be going for the win. No Michu as he is injured so no doubt Luke Moore will be starting.

A draw wouldn't be a bad result.

I'd hate for Swansea to go down, they've given all the top teams great games at their place and it's cool to see a legend like Laudrup in the league and I am sure they'll be bringing in some skillful players in the summer. Boggles the mind how Michu hasn't been recognized for any of the awards

Totally agree. Swansea remain a breath of fresh air in the Premier League.

That said, I hope Wigan beat them tomorrow. Really want them to stay up.

• Like 1