Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

More likely needs to adapt to the league. How many players have come in to the Premiership, started off on fire, then cooled down once the run of games and the speed of matches takes effect? No shame or surprise in it.

More likely needs to adapt to the league. How many players have come in to the Premiership, started off on fire, then cooled down once the run of games and the speed of matches takes effect? No shame or surprise in it.

Out of interest, what examples can people think of players who haven't done this? Van Nistelrooy is maybe the most prominent one I can think of, but my memory's not great from that period. Just seems interesting to me. I'd include not suffereing from second season syndrome in this too.

Out of interest, what examples can people think of players who haven't done this? Van Nistelrooy is maybe the most prominent one I can think of, but my memory's not great from that period. Just seems interesting to me. I'd include not suffereing from second season syndrome in this too.

Henry ...

Tevez to a degree perhaps.

Suarez looks to be doing so.

I'd say Torres when he first joined us, scored 24 league goals in his first season. His second season he did pick up some injuries but he scored about 15 league goals I think in 25 league games

There we go, had plenty of chances and been carving Newcastle open numerous times, wouldn't mind getting a third quickly after the restart, Newcastle still look decent from set pieces.

Edit: Okay, when they whip it in instead of passing it to the wrong place.

Edited by Dingle