Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

City have released a statement on the Ferdinand incident.

Manchester City FC security officials are co-operating fully with Greater Manchester Police in relation to events leading up to the throwing of missiles onto the field of play, and between the two sets of supporters, during today’s game against Manchester United.

Manchester City wishes to offer its sincere apologies to Rio Ferdinand. The Club unreservedly condemns the actions which led to his being injured.

GMP’s review of all fan behaviour at today’s match will be fully supported by the Club, through the provision of CCTV footage and eyewitness accounts. Following this review, and any associated police action, the Club will also apply its own disciplinary policies for any fans found guilty of offences.

Had Shelvey scored, people would praise him like there's no tomorrow, and he would become England's future star.

:huh: :huh:

Shelvey is a rather good player. Raw, but good.

Same with Sterling. Even if he goes off the boil one has to keep in mind, he's 17 and he has been a first team regular.

Also Nerf, the possible reason for lack of Assaidi is that he wasn't a Rodgers buy. The club bought him.

Had Shelvey scored, people would praise him like there's no tomorrow, and he would become England's future star.

Same with Sterling. Even if he goes off the boil one has to keep in mind, he's 17 and he has been a first team regular.

Also Nerf, the possible reason for lack of Assaidi is that he wasn't a Rodgers buy. The club bought him.

He's alright. It was more aimed at the fact that Raf suggested that reaction would have come about.

He's alright. It was more aimed at the fact that Raf suggested that reaction would have come about.

Nah, that wouldn't have been the reaction at all.

Sterling turned 18 yesterday. :shifty:

Really? I did not know that. I'd still like to see him get a shot, especially now Sterling is looking burnt out and we have no other viable options.

Well, anything but Downing.

• Admin

It's more for the smaller teams that aren't in the Premier League. For example, if every Utd game was on TV, then the likes of Oldham would never get any fans in.

Really, it's a reason why our football pyramid is the strongest in the world. Nowhere else will you get thousands and thousands of people going to games in the second (and sometimes even third) tier.

Germany might disagree.

Just seems odd to hear this given the perception of how deeply rooted the connections between the fans/clubs are in England. It's like our college sports here. There's not a chance that Texas State won't get 15K or more just because Texas University or A&M is on TV every week. Just seems odd is all.

Germany is more than welcome to disagree; they'd be fucking wrong though.

• Like 1

What the hell happened to Spurs? Was stunned to find actual money in my Ladbrokes account off my BTTS bet, assumed it finished 1-0...

Back line completely imploded after playing very solid the whole game. Caulker, for not the first time this season, completely ignored Lloris telling him to let the ball go to him and instead made a shit clearance that led to the first goal. Second one I was almost too stunned by the first to properly register, but I've mostly read blame going to Walker and Caulker with one guy blaming Gallas (but there will always be a couple guys blaming Gallas for anything).

A game like today really reenforces my desire for a third striker, any decent enough third striker, so some sort of rotation can happen and there can be someone to sub in when we're chasing a game (we only went up by one 76 minutes in, and Dempsey's goal was pretty flukey).

It's more for the smaller teams that aren't in the Premier League. For example, if every Utd game was on TV, then the likes of Oldham would never get any fans in.

Really, it's a reason why our football pyramid is the strongest in the world. Nowhere else will you get thousands and thousands of people going to games in the second (and sometimes even third) tier.

Germany might disagree.

Just seems odd to hear this given the perception of how deeply rooted the connections between the fans/clubs are in England. It's like our college sports here. There's not a chance that Texas State won't get 15K or more just because Texas University or A&M is on TV every week. Just seems odd is all.

Germany is more than welcome to disagree; they'd be fucking wrong though.

Based on ?

Bundesliga 2 attendance: 16,142 Link

Championship: 17,105 Link

More evenly dispersed in England, but not close to the top end of Germany's 2nd division.

3 Fusbal-liga: 6,207 Link

League One: 6,054 Link

Slightly top heavy for England at the 3rd tier.

Now as I mentioned earlier, please take attendance fees in consideration, and then look at the average gate income of both leagues?

Considering people are paying 15 quid for a game at Donny in League 1, I've heard lower prices than that for a Munich derby.

Now as I mentioned earlier, please take attendance fees in consideration, and then look at the average gate income of both leagues?

Considering people are paying 15 quid for a game at Donny in League 1, I've heard lower prices than that for a Munich derby.

Prices at Karlsruher in the 3rd tier

Donny is only getting 6K while Karlsruher is getting 10K.

Sterling turned 18 yesterday. :shifty:

Wait a minute, is this the guy Liverpool are struggling to tie down to a contract? Could it be that they were just waiting until he turned 18 so they could offer him a five year contract as opposed to a 2-3 year one due to the youth rules?

I've heard similar.