Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

At least it won't feel so dirty taking over as United on FM any more.

My upcoming diary plans may have just changed.

You mean, unlike before when you would be playing as a manager replacing SAF at United, his retirement means you can try a different game wherein you would be playing as a manager replacing SAF at United?

What a twist!

• Like 2

At least it won't feel so dirty taking over as United on FM any more.

My upcoming diary plans may have just changed.

You mean, unlike before when you would be playing as a manager replacing SAF at United, his retirement means you can try a different game wherein you would be playing as a manager replacing SAF at United?

What a twist!

Exactly. No one would see something so predictable actually happening!

Manchester United chief executive David Gill, speaking to MUTV: "We have to look forward now and I think any manager coming in will inherit a great squad and great staff around him. It is a dream job. I won't speculate on the announcement but I think we will move relatively quickly.

"In Sir Matt Busby and Sir Alex we got in managers who got involved in all aspects of the club. That degree of loyalty is crucial to the success of Manchester United. He (the next manager) needs the required football experience in terms of domestic and European requirements, so it is a small pool."

-----

Is he ruling out Moyes there? :s

That degree of loyalty is crucial to the success of Manchester United. He (the next manager) needs the required football experience in terms of domestic and European requirements,

You could say the first sentence rules out Mourinho just as much as the second rules out Moyes. I wouldn't read too much into it either way.

The last time a manager who cast as big of a shadow as Fergie left a club, his successor lasted 44 days.

Gazz channels C-MIL with a cryptic, riddle post!

Brian Clough following on from Don Revie, I imagine.
I'd love it if Mourinho took over and told the players that they're all cheats and should throw away their medals.
  • Like 2

Fergie's clearly going to take over at Doncaster, just like in my FM game.

He's big mates with our chairman but he's a bit older than what we're after in our new manager <_<

But I want Jose and Ronaldo, not Moyes and Hibbert! :(

To be fair, if you got Baines and say Fellaini you'd have done a cracking bit of business there.

Everton have had Europa League experience under Moyes, so it's not like he's never managed a team in Europe.

Fair point. Give it a season and he'll be gaining some more!

...now I feel like Stoker, being all pessimistic. -_-