EWB'S Top 30 Cartoons of All Time

Guest zrc

I wish I'd listed Daria on my list, just so it could beat out the two Marvel entries. Ah well, at least it's in the top ten. I still remember watching the "movie" episodes... the fact that Daria was valedictorian totally by accident was always an amusing moment.

I'm really trying to figure out what #2 will be. i have a feeling South Park will be #1 but have no idea what #2 will be..

Looky there, it was! At least Batman: TAS was in the top three, and South Park didn't win. At least everything in my votes (except for Winnie The Pooh, and that was kind of a long shot with this crowd) got ON the list...

Anyone who has not seen The Critic is missing out. It came from Mike Reiss and Al Jean who worked on The Simpsons, as far as I remember. It was about a film critic voiced by Jon Lovitz named Jay Sherman, he worked for a Ted Turner-esque media mogul called Duke Phillips, had a son who wasn't all that important and an ex-wife who also wasn't all that important. In the second season he got a girlfriend named Alice who had a daughter. Also Maurice LeMarche (the voice of The Brain in Pinky and The Brain/Animanaics, Morbo, Kiff and a bunch of othe Futurama characters) provided a tonne of additional voices on the show, including Orson Welles on more than one occasion. It was a great show! The best episode is the one where Siskel and Ebert guest star. The film critic duo have a break up and both end up asking Jay to be their new partner. It's amazing!

I'm quite happy Batman: TAS finished so high because it is truly a great show. I have quite a collection of Batman TAS DVDs, the show holds up brilliantly.

Maurice LaMarche voices Orson Welles in pretty much anything Orson Welles has been a character in since Orson Welles died. Well well Welles.

Maurice LaMarche has at least a guest bit on basically all the cartoons ever, much like Jim Cummings (Darkwing Duck), Tony Jay (Chairface Chippendale), and Patrick Warburton (Joe from Family Guy, Kronk from The Emperor's New Groove). Patrick Warburton being in everything was one of my favorite running gags at my old job, to the point that we were talking about recording a version of Hook with Patrick Warburton doing everyone's voice.