Fabrice Muamba

Lineker

What are they gonna do, show up in a clown costume? He's in a fucking hospital. Dressing in suits is respectful and professional, they're not going to show up in shorts and a T-shirt to the emergency wing are they?

• Like 1

What are they gonna do, show up in a clown costume? He's in a fucking hospital. Dressing in suits is respectful and professional, they're not going to show up in shorts and a T-shirt to the emergency wing are they?

:unsure:

Really?

And remember, we have 24 hour news that constantly needs something to report. He's just had a massive heart attack, of course it's going to be in the balance for the next couple of days, maybe even weeks. Best thing to do is ignore the news and live your life. He'll get better or he'll die, nothing you can do about it.

They had club tracksuits on yesterday.

• Like 1

Okay, well hopefully tomorrow it's clown costumes and Vanilla Ice bling.

It's a difficult one.

I think because the applause is something usually done to celebrate someone's life, it automatically doesn't sit well with some people because the guy hasn't died, but I think it's a nice way to show support for him. It's good that the whole of footbal unites for stuff like this, but as Kevin Davies said, it's a bit sad that it takes something so serious for it to happen, most of the time.

EDIT: Ok, flowers next to an ''In Remembrance'' thing is a little bit much.

It's a difficult one.

I think because the applause is something usually done to celebrate someone's life, it automatically doesn't sit well with some people because the guy hasn't died, but I think it's a nice way to show support for him. It's good that the whole of footbal unites for stuff like this, but as Kevin Davies said, it's a bit sad that it takes something so serious for it to happen, most of the time.

EDIT: Ok, flowers next to an ''In Remembrance'' thing is a little bit much.

Glad you added that last bit, as that's what's annoying me the most, especially that Sky kindly mentioned that someone laid down a shirt with Gary Speeds name on. He isn't dead.

Otherwise I'm not sure what Davies is getting at with the uniting football bit, of course you're going to cheer your team and boo the opposition, what's the problem? Fans will sometimes clap a great goal against them, and supposedly Fulham clapped Swanseas display Saturday, but why am I clapping a scrappy loss against a team who've fouled, dived and gained any possible advantage against my team? May as well remove supporters altogether. That said I'll forgive it for sentimentality with what he's going through, since having read his old BBC blog for ages I'm sure he understands tribalism perfectly well.

Edit: Just remembered it was Nolan with the BBC blog. Stupid Bolton Kevins...

Edited by Colly

A friend of Fabrice Muamba tells the Associated Press that the footballer is speaking again.

If its true then that is really promising news along with the fact his heart is beating by itself and he has started to move his arms and legs :) Keep fighting Fabrice!!!!

Fabrice Muamba Update - Monday 19 March, 19.30

Fabrice Muamba remains in intensive care at The London Chest Hospital. He is continuing to show signs of improvement this evening.

He is currently able to breathe independently without the aid of a ventilator. He has also been able to recognise family members and respond to questions appropriately.

These are all positive signs of progress. However, his condition remains serious and the medical staff in intensive care will continue to monitor and treat him.

His family and club would like to thank the media for continuing to respect their privacy at this time.

More positive news, straight from BWFC.co.uk. Really hope he continues to improve.