So I'm probably getting a 360

TKz

I don't know what for since I agree with him. I just don't think people originally realised that he already had a PS3. I can't really see the point of owning two consoles in this generation (unless one is a Wii). To me the PS3 and the 360 are basically the same thing. Where each one has an advantage the other has the same advantage in a different domain.

But if he's dead set on getting one I'm not going to call him silly. But the only thing that would pull me to the 360 would be the potential to flash it and back up to HDD, since that's a huge benefit over PS3 if you are into that. But it rules online out.

I personally would buy an Atari 2600.

Edit. Scratch the bit I've struck through, I really don't know why people are comparing the two consoles. What he has pointed out is fair enough. Loads more people seem to play together on PS3 and all seem to have headsets.

I'm missing where the argument is. Barring TOMK everyone realised that he already had a PS3, so the question 'do you really gain from having both?' was perfectly valid. I'm not a die hard anything, bought a PS3 because I wanted a Bluray player and I'm used to the controllers, certainly not going to yell at him for buying an X box. The concept of tech fanboys just seems fucking stupid. Your washing machines a Zanussi? I've got a fucking Whirlpool, you fag!

Still waiting to find out how XBL is vastly superior mind, I get easily enough out of PSN to not need to pay for an online service.

• Like 1

Better interface, better community, party chat, better features, better support. Which is expected, because you pay for it.

Nothing wrong with PSN. It's fine. You can put a game in, and play online.

I'm missing where the argument is. Barring TOMK everyone realised that he already had a PS3, so the question 'do you really gain from having both?' was perfectly valid. I'm not a die hard anything, bought a PS3 because I wanted a Bluray player and I'm used to the controllers, certainly not going to yell at him for buying an X box. The concept of tech fanboys just seems fucking stupid. Your washing machines a Zanussi? I've got a fucking Whirlpool, you fag!

Still waiting to find out how XBL is vastly superior mind, I get easily enough out of PSN to not need to pay for an online service.

I realize not everyone has problems with the PSN, but I seem to have a lot of them. I have a hard time staying connected without spending half an hour getting logged in and out. My little brother has a 360 and I think I've heard him complain about it not logging him in twice. That's half the reason, I love my PS3 to bits, but as I said, I've picked up some extra money that looks like it might be a regular thing, so as a bit of treat for myself, I want to pick up a 360. I'm not kidding when I say half the reason is that EWB seems to be on 360 a lot and I feel like the big thing I'm missing out on with the PS3 is online with people I actually know.

Getting the console is more an investment for future releases, so when new games come out I can play them online with people I know, which these days is pretty common as everything has multiplayer. But I did want to find out what games I might have missed out on due to them being 360 exclusives. That's why there's no interest in a Vita, either.

Probably seems a little silly to pay £150 for a 360 when I have a PS3 and I mostly just want to play with people I know, but as I said, I don't need the money this month and it's only £150. I mean I'd probably just blow the money on ordering Pizza and buying shit I won't actually use otherwise. >_>

I realize not everyone has problems with the PSN, but I seem to have a lot of them. I have a hard time staying connected without spending half an hour getting logged in and out. My little brother has a 360 and I think I've heard him complain about it not logging him in twice. That's half the reason, I love my PS3 to bits, but as I said, I've picked up some extra money that looks like it might be a regular thing, so as a bit of treat for myself, I want to pick up a 360. I'm not kidding when I say half the reason is that EWB seems to be on 360 a lot and I feel like the big thing I'm missing out on with the PS3 is online with people I actually know.

Getting the console is more an investment for future releases, so when new games come out I can play them online with people I know, which these days is pretty common as everything has multiplayer. But I did want to find out what games I might have missed out on due to them being 360 exclusives. That's why there's no interest in a Vita, either.

Probably seems a little silly to pay £150 for a 360 when I have a PS3 and I mostly just want to play with people I know, but as I said, I don't need the money this month and it's only £150. I mean I'd probably just blow the money on ordering Pizza and buying shit I won't actually use otherwise. >_>

Like I said not knocking it at all, just questioning Dans crazy anger and echoing Quom. Just wish I had the disposable income to have the issue, though I think I'd be tempted to go handheld or hang on for the next generation.

The question of ''why would you have both?'' shouldn't even be there. If someone's in a position where they can, there's nothing wrong with that. After all, I bought my 360 based off of two exclusives I wanted to play, and that Benji had bought one a few weeks previous. :shifty:

Like I said not knocking it at all, just questioning Dans crazy anger and echoing Quom. Just wish I had the disposable income to have the issue, though I think I'd be tempted to go handheld or hang on for the next generation.

Yeah, a big part of it is definitely, okay, I've got this extra money that I don't need to use for paying off anything, which is something that doesn't happen very often... I'd rather take advantage of it now and buy something I'll actually enjoy rather than waste it on stuff that won't last or won't get used.