The Apprentice - Series 8

Lineker

I thought Ricky was the best throughout and had him and Tom pegged as the final two a while back. Was pretty clueless when it came to the other firings though, I guess I made the fatal error of actually basing it on the failure of the task instead of contribution/entertainment value/attitude/compatibility/performance throughout the process as a whole or whatever Sugar claimed to 'have to' base his decision on that week.

But regardless of the way the boardroom goes, or whether or not it's not the right firing I still fucking love this show. It didn't have the characters of some other series, but it still had some classic moments like the groovy train, awful wine advert, suggestions of 'lovely chocolate' and 'cho-cho-cho' for a company name, proposing an order of a million units and pretty much anything Adam did. Plus the expression 'she needs to cop onto herself' which never gets old no matter how many times I hear it.

Edited by Pesci

Yeah, I still love the show. I wanted Tom to win because I felt Ricky's idea was just a bit bland while Tom offered something new and innovative, which the people seemed to think was extremely well won and thought out. Still good fun, but I do prefer the old format more.

See, the problem is I've been watching back some of the earlier series the past couple weeks and the level of candidates now compared to the ones back then is just shocking. You look at Ricky and he'd have been fired within the first couple of weeks in Series 2 (although I'm purposefully skipping re-watching the final of that, just because I know what's about to happen and I'd rather keep it in my head that Ruth wins)