Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Our club doctor's name is Leif Sward.

He's clearly cool.

APPARANTLY according to Levy most clubs have agreed with his stance (dunno why) and West Ham have agreed to play it again the week after the FA Cup...But seriously they have NOTHING to lose. If they lose or draw then meh, but if they go and win then it can REALLY be shoved in Spurs' face. We need to leave off.

Nothing at all should be done UNLESS it's proven to be actual malicious poisoning.

He's clearly cool.

APPARANTLY according to Levy most clubs have agreed with his stance (dunno why) and West Ham have agreed to play it again the week after the FA Cup...But seriously they have NOTHING to lose. If they lose or draw then meh, but if they go and win then it can REALLY be shoved in Spurs' face. We need to leave off.

Nothing at all should be done UNLESS it's proven to be actual malicious poisoning.

It's a little bit odd to see that clubs are are agreeing with his stance, as it makes no logical sense, and as I've said, they have no right. But since when has the FA ever listened to the clubs when the clubs are "demanding" something? What'd be really funny is if you replay the game during the week and win...then we go out and beat Barcelona. Actually, it'd be even funnier if you replayed and lost again.

Guest muddatrucker

If you notice, 5pm is just 2 hours after 3pm. I said "four or more hours", which by then most of our team would have been fitter according to our team doctors. The two hours wouldn't have made a difference.

Edited by muddatrucker

If you notice, 5pm is just 2 hours after 3pm. I said "four or more hours", which by then most of our team would have been fitter according to our team doctors. The two hours wouldn't have made a difference.

So no recovery at all would take place within that extra two hours, but would in the two afters after that?

Exactly. If it's food poisoning, how can an extra four hours in total help? You can barely eat with food poisoning, it's not just going to miraculously clear up in that time.

He's clearly cool.

APPARANTLY according to Levy most clubs have agreed with his stance (dunno why) and est Ham have agreed to play it again the week after the FA Cup...But seriously they have NOTHING to lose. If they lose or draw then meh, but if they go and win then it can REALLY be shoved in Spurs' face. We need to leave off.

So no recovery at all would take place within that extra two hours, but would in the two afters after that?

Exactly. If it's food poisoning, how can an extra four hours in total help? You can barely eat with food poisoning, it's not just going to miraculously clear up in that time.

I'm just going on what the team doctors said, I think they'd know a little more about the situation than us.

The FA Premier League has rejected Tottenham's request to replay Sunday's match at West Ham.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy wrote to the Premier League requesting the fixture be replayed after 10 players were taken ill before the match.

A statement to Tottenham said: "We find no grounds for acceding to your request for a replay."

The 2-1 defeat ended Tottenham's Champions League hopes as Arsenal took fourth place in the league instead.

The statement added: "Tottenham did have the option of not fulfilling the fixture and will have made its own assessment of the risks associated with that decision.

"It would have been for an independent commission to have decided the merits of your case, rule on any sanction and/or the appropriateness of a replay.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy outlined the club's appeal in a letter to Premier League chairman Dave Richards.

He said: "It was effectively a cup final. Our chances were significantly reduced by the exceptional circumstances."

"We now have confirmation from a majority of Premier League clubs that they would support a replay and in similar circumstances would expect the game to have been postponed.

"We therefore formally request that you order that the game be replayed."

But the Premier League have now scuppered any hopes of Spurs replaying the fixture at a later date and the North London club must settle for a place in next season's Uefa Cup.

"We remain very sympathetic to the unenviable position you found yourselves in and hope that neither Tottenham or any other club will suffer the same fate again.

"However, we believe we expedited our responsibilities effectively and with due care and consideration based on the facts available to us.

"We of course realise that for Tottenham, a feeling of unfairness at the ill-fated events of last Sunday will linger, but trust that you will put this behind you and concentrate on domestic and Uefa Cup success next season."

Edited by TheArsenal

Good.

Lousy chairman.

Martin Jol didn't talk about it, he just got on with it.

As did the players.

Great players, great manager, petty board.

I sincerly hope Spurs now learn that they're not going to get their way and just drop it. The club already looks pathetic enough after all this crap.

And if I remember a certain recent North London derby game at Highbury, I thought Spurs would have relished the chance when the FA controversially told them to "play on" against West Ham....

You not over that yet?

• Admin

An inquiry into the bug which infected 10 Spurs players just before a vital match has cast doubt on suggestions they were victims of food poisoning.

The players had eaten at a London hotel before the Premiership match with West Ham on Sunday, which they lost 2-1.

Tests on food and players have been carried out by the Health Protection Agency and environmental health staff.

But they suggest one person had a form of gastroenteritis which may have spread to the other players.

'No definite conclusion'

Dr Alex Mellanby, Consultant in Communicable Disease Control at the Health Protection Agency, said norovirus, a form of viral gastroenteritis, was found in a sample from one of those affected.

But he added: "No definite conclusion as to the cause of the outbreak can be drawn from this one result.

"Only after we have received the results from tests being undertaken on further samples will we be able to make any definite conclusions."

He said the person affected by viral gastroenteritis appeared to have been exposed to it before the stay at the Marriott Hotel in Canary Wharf, east London.

First team players including Michael Dawson, Edgar Davids, Michael Carrick and Robbie Keane were struck down with the illness - although all four played in the game.

The result helped north London rivals Arsenal to secure fourth place and a Champions League spot ahead of them.

The FA Premier League has since rejected Tottenham's request to replay the match

Credit - BBC.

So, who still thinks it was an Arsenal conspiracy then :shifty:

Tottenham are reportedly closing in on a £10.7m deal to sign Bulgaria striker Dimitar Berbatov from Bayer Leverkusen.

The 25-year-old is contracted to the Bundesliga outfit until 2009 but Spurs are willing to match the asking price.

Leverkusen sporting director Rudi Voller said in the Bild newspaper: "Tottenham have been in contact and are now prepared to pay the transfer fee.

"He wants something different and it is now Dimitar's decision but it hurts us to lose such a class player."

Berbatov stands second in the Bundesliga list of top-scorers behind German Miroslav Klose after netting 20 league goals for Leverkusen this season.

The Bulgarian, who has been capped 47 times, joined Leverkusen from CSKA Sofia six years ago.

Should he move to White Hart Lane, Spurs boss Martin Jol will add to his roster of strikers that includes Robbie Keane, Jermain Defoe and Mido.

However, Egyptian international Mido is coming to the end of his 18-month loan spell and a succession of injuries means Jol may not take up the option to sign him permanently.

Edited by Lost Soul

An inquiry into the bug which infected 10 Spurs players just before a vital match has cast doubt on suggestions they were victims of food poisoning.

The players had eaten at a London hotel before the Premiership match with West Ham on Sunday, which they lost 2-1.

Tests on food and players have been carried out by the Health Protection Agency and environmental health staff.

But they suggest one person had a form of gastroenteritis which may have spread to the other players.

'No definite conclusion'

Dr Alex Mellanby, Consultant in Communicable Disease Control at the Health Protection Agency, said norovirus, a form of viral gastroenteritis, was found in a sample from one of those affected.

But he added: "No definite conclusion as to the cause of the outbreak can be drawn from this one result.

"Only after we have received the results from tests being undertaken on further samples will we be able to make any definite conclusions."

He said the person affected by viral gastroenteritis appeared to have been exposed to it before the stay at the Marriott Hotel in Canary Wharf, east London.

First team players including Michael Dawson, Edgar Davids, Michael Carrick and Robbie Keane were struck down with the illness - although all four played in the game.

The result helped north London rivals Arsenal to secure fourth place and a Champions League spot ahead of them.

The FA Premier League has since rejected Tottenham's request to replay the match

Credit - BBC.

So, who still thinks it was an Arsenal conspiracy then :shifty:

I'd rather he concentrated on signing Mido rather than wasting money on German-based Bulgarians.

Hell, even van Nistelrooy would be an interesting choice, although he would DEMAND first team footy.

At least Van Nistelrooy's played in the Premiership.

Wait.

You'd rather have van Nistelrooy because he's played in the Premiership? :huh:

Considering the fact Spurs would most likely pay £8m - £10m for what? Two seasons? In the long run Berbatov would be a far better signing. Give him a chance.

Where did I say I'd prefer Van Nistelrooy? I don't know all that much about Berbatov, I'm just wary after the crisis that was Helder Postiga.

Personally I'd prefer us to sign Mido. Surely Mido's price tag isn't that high, he's proven himself at Spurs and he works particularly well with Keane.