Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Spurs have done well to challenge Arsenal this season, but look at the facts. They have played only FORTY competitive first team matches in all competitions all season. No top flight team has played so few games for about 70 or 80 years. Liverpool (for example) had played forty competitive games by sometime in January or February. Spurs really only had the league to concentrate on all year and I'm sure Wigan, West Ham, Blackburn and some other would be where Spurs are now if they had abandoned their cup runs so easily. Do I see Spurs doing "an Everton" and under-performing next year? Damn right I do. If they try to get anywhere in the domestic cups, or try to striing together a decent run in Europe, they will most likely fall flat on their faces.

Spurs have done well to challenge Arsenal this season, but look at the facts. They have played only FORTY competitive first team matches in all competitions all season. No top flight team has played so few games for about 70 or 80 years. Liverpool (for example) had played forty competitive games by sometime in January or February. Spurs really only had the league to concentrate on all year and I'm sure Wigan, West Ham, Blackburn and some other would be where Spurs are now if they had abandoned their cup runs so easily. Do I see Spurs doing "an Everton" and under-performing next year? Damn right I do. If they try to get anywhere in the domestic cups, or try to striing together a decent run in Europe, they will most likely fall flat on their faces.

Seriously our 'false dawns' have come when we've had Alan Neilsson, Ruel Fox, Steffan Iversen etc at the club. This time around we've got a very strong and deep squad of young English players along with players like Robbie Keane who is a frightening attacker. What we need is a right back, a better left back than Lee, another big man up front and it's sorted.

This FEELS different to the other years.

nelson_point_ha.png

HAWH HAWH

Oh, and banned¬!

Haha....the funny part about that is that you pretend Ruel Fox wasn't a good player during his time at Spurs, or that Steffen Iversen wasn't actually pretty good, and didn't score quite a few for you before he went down the shitter.

96-97 Tottenham 6 Goals, 16 Games (-)

97-98 Tottenham 13 Games (-)

98-99 Tottenham 9 Goals, 27 Games (-) 3 Goals, 7 Games

99-00 Tottenham 14 Goals, 36 Games 1 Goals, 2 Games (UEFA Cup) 3 Goals, 11 Games

That's Iversen's rate for you before he went to shit (due to injury, mind).....aside from 97-98, he didn't do too bad for you at all.

Guest Small Red

In a way, I think Tottenham not qualifying is for the worst. Looking at it this way, it could have been nothing bad having people like Jermaine Jenas, Michael Carrick, Ledley King, Paul Robinson being given a chance against top quality opposition in the Champion's League.

But then again, after every Tottenham fan I know telling me how they're going on a European tour, are going to be better than Arsenal, are going to win(!) the Premiership next season - it's just funny.

But then again, after every Tottenham fan I know telling me how they're going on a European tour, are going to be better than Arsenal, are going to win(!) the Premiership next season - it's just funny.

Thus why most people hate Spurs/Spurs fan...well, at least further evidence.

Bad luck, but it's better than finishing fourth then having Arsenal win the Champions League, right?

Erm, no.

So, you'd rather finish fourth, but have your Champions League spot taken away because Arsenal won the cup?

Yes. If there's no chance of us getting into the CL then it's just a question of finishing 4th or 5th, which obviously I'd rather finish 4th.

How is that funny when we actually are in Europe? :ohwell:

Being better than Arsenal would only happen if Henry leaves and we will win the Premiership... as long as the top 4 all go bankrupt and lose all of their players :shifty:

Bad luck, but it's better than finishing fourth then having Arsenal win the Champions League, right?

Erm, no.

So, you'd rather finish fourth, but have your Champions League spot taken away because Arsenal won the cup?

Yes. If there's no chance of us getting into the CL then it's just a question of finishing 4th or 5th, which obviously I'd rather finish 4th.

How is that funny when we actually are in Europe? :ohwell:

Yeah you are, but are you really trying to say that all the fans who said that meant the UEFA Cupo or just Europe in general? Because I very much doubt that.

No, I'm not saying all of the fans who said that meant the 'UEFA Cupo'. Sure, all Spurs fans were hoping the 'European tour' would be a Champions League spot, but it doesn't void the meaning of european. If the banner had said 'YES WE'RE GOING TO BE IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE' then yeah it would have been stupid.

After walking back from the pub in shock on Saturday afternoon I took stock of the season and overall im still very pleased with the performance in the league . Ok , Last day we fucked it . It was ours to lose and in typical Tottenham style we did .

Still we are in Europe and considering we was battling relegation two seasons ago under David Pleat the transformation has been fantastic. This season has been slightly fustrating that we didnt finish off games and if we did we wouldnt be as dissappointed as we are now . Sunderland , West Ham (Home) and Fulham all games that it was ours to lose the 3 points and we did .

I firmily believe that if Jol delivers some killer instict in the team to go out and finish games when it is 1-0 we will do very well next year and hopefully wrap up 4th before the last game next year .

Edited by The Slickman

I think you should all still be proud. It's been an improvement on seasons ago when you were lower down the table. It's not like you have NOTHING for next season - you have a UEFA Cup place. That's more than most.

After walking back from the pub in shock on Saturday afternoon I took stock of the season and overall im still very pleased with the performance in the league . Ok , Last day we fucked it . It was ours to lose and in typical Tottenham style we did .

Still we are in Europe and considering we was battling relegation two seasons ago under David Pleat the transdormation has been fantastic. This season has been slightly fustrating that we didnt finish off games and if we did we wouldnt be as dissappointed as we are now . Sunderland , West Ham (Home) and Fulham all games that it was ours to lose the 3 points and we did .

I firmily believe that if Jol delivers some killer instict in the team to go out and finish games when it is 1-0 we will do very well next year and hopefully wrap up 4th before the last game next year .

Sunderland , West Ham (Home) and Fulham all games that it was ours to lose the 3 points and we did.

Ermm...in the home game where we beat you 1-0, neither team played well, and our home advantage paid off. Considering we beat better sides than you at Craven Cottage, I don't think you can make too big of a fuss about your team not picking up the 3 points.