Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Guest muddatrucker

Generally it shows that he thinks HE is Egypt and his attitude generally stink (thus why he's been at about 8 clubs in 8 years), but yeah, it was rather comical but even more so when the substitute scored.

Guest Ritzy

Meh, it's a token Arab attitude. All the Arab teams always have this sort of spat happen, from Tunisia to Saudi Arabia. He's a more mainstream figure though, so it was widely reported.

See, that's why I hate Spurs fans. England (you know...the country) go out there, and Spurs fans are seemingly quick to point out there number superiority over Arsenal.....what's the point?

As Box said, at the World Cup, Campbell/Cole will > your Robinson, lads.

If Sven has any sense on this years form

King > Campbell

Yeah, but I'm sure he'd take a proven central defender at International level who has played several times with Rio or Terry than King, who just doesn't have that experience.

Arguably, they'll probably go with Ferdinand and Terry, but thats still means King will be squad at best.

If Sven has any sense on this years form

King > Campbell

Yeah, but I'm sure he'd take a proven central defender at International level who has played several times with Rio or Terry than King, who just doesn't have that experience.

The fact that Campbell is injury prone, tempermental, seemingly depressed and hugely out of form negates the fact that he's a 'proven' centre back. Ledley King came into the fold against France in Euro 2004 and was superb.

Yeah, he had one or two good games. Campbell for England (not looking at Arsenal for the time being) has been one of our most solid centre backs by a country mile for quite a while. He has apparently got over his problems, his form wasn't helped by a lack of fitness caused by injury (and being arguably rushed back due to Arsenal's other injury problems they seem to have constantly). He'll settle down for the rest of the season, and if Sven thinks he has his head on straight, he will always get the nod over King.

Oh, and I'd choose Bent over Defoe (though they'd have to work on his partnership with the other lads, as he is used to being a lone striker) and Nolan ahead of Carrick (whether he is a holding midfielder or not, I think Nolan deserves a place for probably being the most on form England midfielder this season, arguably), even though I did think Carrick had a good showing against Uruguay...but why Nolan wasn't there on Wednesday mystifies me (well....aside from him playing for Bolton probably being a large factor).

Edited by rvdwannabe

Keane signs new contract at Spurs

Spurs striker Robbie Keane has signed a new four-year contract.

Keane had been linked with moves to Everton and Celtic, but has pledged his future to Spurs after scoring eight goals this season.

He told the Spurs website: "I am just happy it is now signed and I can look forward to a good future. This is a club that is going places."

Keane has scored 54 goals in 145 games since joining Spurs from Leeds United in August 2002.

He added: "I had the feeling it was a club going in the right direction and I still believe this, especially with how the team are doing and the quality of players that have been bought in.

"Everything is geared towards the future and me signing this new contract is another example of that.

"I am flattered and delighted the Club have given me the opportunity to sign. I am happy and have a lot of good friends here - players and staff. Making the right decision was important for me and I feel I have certainly done that."

Spurs head coach Martin Jol said: "We want to keep our best players and Robbie is certainly an influential player.

"All the speculation can stop now, I am very happy and the main thing is Robbie is so pleased to have signed his new contract.

"Robbie is important to us, a real team player and my second captain. He is a leader and has developed that quality.

"The aim now is to go on, win a lot of games and keep improving."