Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

• Admin

It was embarrassing - A Jol performance tbh. Robbo wasn't really to blame for any of the goals - 3 were defensive lapses presenting easy chances and the free-kick was always going in from where it was taken - I said so to the guy next to me in our seats.

The free kick went straight at Robbo, he moved away from it.

Also, why does he insist on playing O'Hara at left back? He loves to try long balls that go nowhere and a lot of his set pieces are poorly taken too.

Well, they are already in Europe and don't look at all likely to be relegated, so they don't have anything to play for really, thus Ramos can afford to mix about and experiment for next season.

We have Berbatov, Keane and Bent. And really, no one is gonna permanently break up the Keane-Berbatov combo, so we should probably just go for some young striker that'd hit their prime when Keane and Berbatov are in their 30s. Bent's a good enough back-up.

ANOTHER striker? Who did we lose?

Jermain Defoe... Unless of course you're happy with just three strikers. We need four, especially if Ramos is going to start three in some games like against Newcastle. I'm not suggesting another big name striker, just someone who can fill in when we have injuries or need another option on the bench.

• Admin

Just trim the crap - Ghaly, Tainio, etc. and give the squad a Ramos feel. A goalkeeper is a must after Robbo's nightmare season, a right back, some cover for the midfield, a winger who can cross, and a reserve striker.

But again, the fitness can still improve and next season, HOPEFULLY, will be a lot different for the better.

Now that I'm thinking, I just remembered what we were tipped for this season.... 4th. <_<

Just trim the crap - Ghaly, Tainio, etc. and give the squad a Ramos feel. A goalkeeper is a must after Robbo's nightmare season, a right back, some cover for the midfield, a winger who can cross, and a reserve striker.

Tainio's a decent utility player, he's an option pretty much anywhere on the pitch. I'll be disappointed if he goes (which he probably will since he was close to joining Birmingham in January). I don't think we need another RB, we already have four, five if you count Lee's ability to play either side. We need to get rid of one or two. I expect Chimbonda to leave, which should give us enough money to bolster the midfield and Stalteri's obviously not in Ramos' plans either. We definitely need a better right winger, Lennon just can't cross at all. I wouldn't mind seeing him move into an attacking central role behind the strikers and bringing someone else in on the right. I love Malbranque on the left, though, he's been ace.

Yeah Lennon's at his best when running at the defence. He can do that in an attacking midfield role just as well as on the wing with the added bonus of not having to cross....His through balls and short play is fine.

Hopefully Chimbonda will push off and Stalteri can go too. It's nice to have Tainio around though as he's great backup. It's a shame Bale's been injured though as he showed some quality early in the season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...