Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Who was the guy that debuted off the bench against West Ham and got the foul which led to Berbatov equalising?

Taarabt? I don't know anything about him other than we bought him in January :/

That reminds me, where did Edgar Davids go? I heard he was linked with Ajax and FC Dallas but can't remember hearing anything about him actually signing for someone.

I must say, even though you comfortably got through, I'm a bit surprised that you let 4 goals in against a very, very poor Braga side.

Why are you surprised? We've been conceding goals all over the place recently. It just doesn't really matter if you're scoring as much as we are :P

Guest Ringu

Davids is at Ajax. Taarabt is still on loan, and of the very little I saw of him in France, he was quite good in the run and dribble mold. He was wanted by Arsenal and Chelsea but chose to come to Spurs because Jol guaranteed him first team football, though he's yet to make more than one appearance.

Guest Ringu

Ugh, Sevilla. Would have rather, you know, not faced them at all >_>

Don't get me wrong, they're definitely beatable, but it's the hardest draw we could have made at this point. Kanoute's the top striker in La Liga (lol, I know, right?) and their defense rarely concedes as of late.

Not easy to say the least, but I still believe we'll sneak it.

Guest Ringu

Dani Alves is like a Roberto Carlos right back, while he's awesome at going forward, I'll be damned if his defending isn't subpar. If anything, we'll go in through the right >_>

I must say, even though you comfortably got through, I'm a bit surprised that you let 4 goals in against a very, very poor Braga side.

Why are you surprised? We've been conceding goals all over the place recently. It just doesn't really matter if you're scoring as much as we are :P

Yeah, I know you are leaking goals, but the last games it happened were a West Ham side who made many chances and were scrapping for thier Premiership survival, and Chelsea, who are, well, Chelsea. Braga practically had 4 chances over 2 games and scored 4, was just surprising when you saw how poor they looked for the majority of both games.