2012 NFL Season

Dan

I appreciate the fact that Romo chose not to sign a contract extension until after the season is over, it'll make is so much easier to get rid of him.

THAT is the reason we can't win games we SHOULD be winning. Every year, it's because of Romo. I honestly hope he doesn't re-sign at the end of the year and we can SOMEHOW grab a quality quarterback. Not sure who that could be, but Romo just isn't doing it for Dallas, anymore.

You know, Cleveland have really shot themselves in the foot with Brandon Weeden. They could have gone another year with McCoy, probably still stunk it up, grabbed a good player in another role than QB with Weeden's pick and then they'd be staring down the barrel of Geno Smith or Matt Barkley next year.

THAT is the reason we can't win games we SHOULD be winning. Every year, it's because of Romo. I honestly hope he doesn't re-sign at the end of the year and we can SOMEHOW grab a quality quarterback. Not sure who that could be, but Romo just isn't doing it for Dallas, anymore.

Aside from Michael Vick after the dog thing, I've never wished a player a career ending injury. But if Dallas re-signs Romo.....I'll be seriously considering it.

I'm a lifelong Cowboys fan, and I've never gotten why anyone praises Romo. If he doesn't suck during the early part of the season, he chokes near the end of it. I'm convinced that two things have kept Dallas from reaching the Super Bowl: Tony Romo, and Jerry Jones' stupidity as GM. I really wish there was a rule in the NFL preventing owners from being GMs.

That was delightful. Cutler-derp countered by Romo-super-derp. It's also nice actually seeing a capable receiver in a Bears uniform. And I'm probably being homerific here, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but I've not seen nearly as solid tackling from other games I've watched this year as I have the Bears. Chris Conte wrapping up Witten on multiple occasions was just textbook.

That was delightful. Cutler-derp countered by Romo-super-derp. It's also nice actually seeing a capable receiver in a Bears uniform. And I'm probably being homerific here, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but I've not seen nearly as solid tackling from other games I've watched this year as I have the Bears. Chris Conte wrapping up Witten on multiple occasions was just textbook.

The Bears have great fundamentals on defense.

Then again, I'm a Bears fan too.

Aside from Michael Vick after the dog thing, I've never wished a player a career ending injury. But if Dallas re-signs Romo.....I'll be seriously considering it.

I'm a lifelong Cowboys fan, and I've never gotten why anyone praises Romo. If he doesn't suck during the early part of the season, he chokes near the end of it. I'm convinced that two things have kept Dallas from reaching the Super Bowl: Tony Romo, and Jerry Jones' stupidity as GM. I really wish there was a rule in the NFL preventing owners from being GMs.

Just because you said that I now hope he resigns a huge deal. (N) to you sir

You should watch the 49ers then because your opinion would probably change. That's not to say you're wrong about the Bears though, they do tackle very well, but the 49ers are the best tackling team in the league.

Just because you said that I now hope he resigns a huge deal. (N) to you sir

Why do you want to hurt me Srar?

The 49ers came to my mind also, watching them against the Lions, I was really impressed. It seemed as if they always had a guy in place to make the tackle, and the tackling was superb.

Wish the Lions could build a defense like that, but ya know we have a GM that is still fascinated with offensive skill players in the draft, and even after watching Matt Flynn torch our secondary, decide that the best he'd do in free agency was sign a guy that was cut by a 1-15 team. Yep, smoke and mirrors last year for the Lions, it's going to be a long shitty season (again).

Not had much chance to see SF, and I look forward to doing so. Broken tackles are just one example of those things that drive me mad. You've played football since high school or whatever and you can't get your head around such a key aspects of the game? Mental. I know Reggie Bush is elusive, but that run he had against the Raiders the other week was crazy. Dude could have strolled through those open arms.