2012 NFL Season

Dan

They should be starting McElroy over both of them. Tebow is not an NFL caliber quarterback, cult of personality aside.

I, along with a lot of other people, said when he was drafted that he should have been converted to a WR. But after all the bs the Jets said when they acquired him, he should be starting at this point. Hell, let him start when they play the Patriots, because its not like the Jets are going to win, anyway. If its going to wreck Sanchez by being benched for one friggin' game, then Sanchez has no business being in the NFL.

What I'd like to see happen (but it won't) is, Tebow goes somewhere else (Jacksonville, most likely, I bet), starts against the Jets and wins. Then the Jets acquire Tony Romo, who starts choking in November, killing any playoff hopes they might have.

(Actually, I'd just be happy with Tony Romo in any uniform other than the Cowboys next year.)

Honestly I'm still convinced he could've been a pretty decent NFL QB if he were able to sit and learn for a couple years while a good QB coach helped tweak his mechanics

He still could in that situation. Staying in Denver and sitting behind Manning would have done him the world of good.

That's what I thought too, two years with Peyton could have made him a much better passer. He's a victim of his own hype though, he's far too much of a distraction to have around in Denver. Manning wouldn't put up with that shit from his back-up.

Sitting behind the Sanchize though who's completion percentage is in the Tebow range himself, will do him no good. His next move will likely define his career so I hope he makes the right move.

No it's not gonna happen. You can polish gems but you can't turn lead into gold. That's why some QBs come into the league because of their arm and teams are willing to work with them to make them better. But if you come without a good arm it's just not gonna happen. Tom Brady sunk so much in the draft in part because of the amount of work he needed, he struck gold in a situation in New England, and the rest is history. If part of the package is there you can try to make it better, but if nothing's there you're not going to start from scratch.

Is it really possible to completely change the way you throw once you're at the NFL level? I agree his best shot would've been sticking behind Manning for a year or so, but still, the idea gets thrown around a lot and I just don't imagine it being that easy.

Yes and it's why Aaron Rodgers isn't terrible. His mechanics coming out of college were pretty bad but because he had a chance to sit and just work on his mechanics (and watch game film), he's a lot better than he would've had he been thrown in right away.

Yes, I meant Tebow should have been converted to RB, not WR. I usually check my posts after they go through (hence why you see edits a lot before anyone even responds <_< ), but was in a hurry and didn't that time.

I've only ever seen one person suggest Tebow should be a WR - on ESPN, actually (and no, not Skip Bayless) - and the way everyone else looked afterward, I'm surprised someone didn't say "Are you nuts?!".

When Tebow was drafted, a lot of people said he could be a great QB if he worked on his mechanics. I even said he should ride the bench or hold the clipboard for 2 or 3 years while working on those issues. But the Broncos preferred to make him a starter, and he worked miracles. But you've got to keep in mind that the Broncos had a much better defense than the Jets do, which is why Tebow was able to win games. The only reason I think the Jets should start him over Sanchez is because he can't do much worse and their season is pretty much in the toilet. There's no way they're going to beat the Patriots when they play them, so why not just make a sideshow of it AND prove they actually planned to use Tebow all along instead of bullshitting everyone?

Tebow will be elsewhere next year, anyway. Hopefully it'll be Jacksonville where his presence is likely to fill seats and they'll install a Wildcat offense for him to run, or he'll go somewhere with a QB coach who can work with Tebow and fix what's wrong.

Srar I'm not in the league but I'm going to bet it's a waiver system when claims process every few days so that everyone has the chance to bid on a player. It makes last-minute pickups suck, but it also keeps someone from grabbing a bunch of last-minute starters because they sit around all Sunday morning reading injury reports.

Also guys I want to let you know that Maxx is at a Cowboys game today. So for any of you in the pick 'em league who picked Dallas, it's probably best to switch over to Cleveland. Maxx has awful luck.