2012 NFL Season

Dan

I forget, 31 is more points than 30, right?

I was confused. I thought you meant the points they actually scored instead of the points they were awarded.

Do you want some cheese with that whine?

As has been said, it wasn't reviewable in the first place, and second the rule just needs some of the ball to cross inside the upright. It's clear on some replays the whole ball didn't cross outside, so you just have to take the ruling as it was. It's the best argument yet for why we need taller uprights or some sort of *gasp* technology, but it's not this travesty that biased Ravens haters are going on about. The game was horrendously officiated in all respects, both teams would be right to complain if they lost, but at the end of the day the better team won.

I'm not going to complain about the game itself. I just wish it was played under more ideal circumstances. Meaning you know, the actual referees. I wonder how things would have turned out. But, I will say that Baltimore played really well. Torrey Smith was having a monster night, Flacco isn't so blah after all - the Pats secondary was getting torched as usual.

Wow this is a horrible performance by Green Bays O-Line. This is gonna be a rough night for Rodgers. 7 sacks in the first half. This is just horrid.

It also seems like there has been a flag on almost every play.

edit: wow make that 8 sacks after the next play.

Edited by mystikz

I was confused. I thought you meant the points they actually scored instead of the points they were awarded.

As has been said, it wasn't reviewable in the first place, and second the rule just needs some of the ball to cross inside the upright. It's clear on some replays the whole ball didn't cross outside, so you just have to take the ruling as it was. It's the best argument yet for why we need taller uprights or some sort of *gasp* technology, but it's not this travesty that biased Ravens haters are going on about. The game was horrendously officiated in all respects, both teams would be right to complain if they lost, but at the end of the day the better team won.

If you stretched goal posts from the ground to the Moon, that kick is no good. Now obviously we can't do that and hence the two rules you refer to.

I'm not biased, nor am I a Ravens hater. I'm a football fan, and a college one at that. I'm talking football here. But hey, whoever disagrees with you hates the Ravens and it isn't possible that an objective opinion would take a differing stance. Whatever makes you sleep better, homer.

If you stretched goal posts from the ground to the Moon, that kick is no good. Now obviously we can't do that and hence the two rules you refer to.

I'm not biased, nor am I a Ravens hater. I'm a football fan, and a college one at that. I'm talking football here. But hey, whoever disagrees with you hates the Ravens and it isn't possible that an objective opinion would take a differing stance. Whatever makes you sleep better, homer.

Huh?

Of course it's no good if you stretch the uprights since it hits them and bounces out. The difference is when it goes above the uprights, due to a silly NFL rule, it becomes good as long as it's over them (I know the rule is part has to be inside but nobody has eyesight that good, it's easier just to make sure they don't go outside). I'm agreeing it's a bad rule, but to say they were awarded 3 points is a stupid point to make in a game when just about every point from both teams was the result of horrid officiating. I was agreeing with you, but you're trying to make it sound like this was a miscarriage of justice and the Patriots were robbed. That's not the case, there wasn't just one bad call, there were countless bad calls. I actually agree with your opinion. Oh and the point everyone is missing, there are actual non-replacements in the replay booth and when they looked at it they had the ability to call for it to be reviewed. But they didn't. And they had the best views in the house.

I thought you said it was non-reviewable?

It's reviewable if the guys in the booth thought it was inside or outside the upright. It's non-reviewable if they looked at the replay (the booth looks at every play inside 2 minutes to decide whether it needs to be looked at more thoroughly under the hood) and decided it went over the upright and thus was purely down to on-field judgment.

Yeah, only if it's clearly a terrible call can they review it. If it's controversial they can't. The ref stands right below the upright and is, in theory, supposed to tell whether it's outside or not. Even though the rule says part of the ball has to be inside the inside of the upright, if they don't see the whole ball go outside of the upright they usually give the benefit of the doubt.

There you go Srar. Replacement refs strike again!

Okay, 4 plays in a row with penalties. They're trying to take control of the game in a wild 4th, but they can't do that if they are this incompetent. They just completely blew a pass interference call, it was clearly on Sidney Rice. It's not like this game is being affected by the officiating because of how bad it is all around, but it's ruining the game for the fans.

Goodell has surpassed Bettman as the worst commissioner in pro sports for just letting this last 3 weeks.