Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

image.png

So long my glorious Queen. She was not initially born into it (she had an older sibling who passed young), she reigned a glorious 53 years, overcoming a regency struggle, civil wars, a series of husbands who had terrible secrets, overcoming a rivalry with her own son and forging their relationship anew in a positive light, and most impressive of all uniting all of Ireland. What an incredible legacy, and all that without a stat over 12. My favourite regent so far ❤️ 

• Like 2

Her son...

image.png

He waged no wars but defensive and allied wars, but he dedicated his life to improving the standards and wealth of his Kingdom. We gained artefacts, we gained construction, we gained wealth, and generally seemed to be considered well among his peers. A not insignificant, but neither truly memorable reign.

• Like 1

And another one bites the dust...

image.png

Gabrán started out nice enough, but quickly devolved into a bit of a lunatic. He tried desperately to stake his children's claims on Scotland and parts of Scandinavia in wars that threw the nation into debt, but through attrition did actually manage to achieve them, even if they weren't directly into his domain. A flagellant who constantly whipped away his pain, despite the screen claiming he peacefully resolved domestic issues, his foreign policy was... less nice :lol:

• Haha 1

I'm getting the hang of this now.

image.png

Hehe, grandiose balls.... anyway, this guy had a lot of civil uprising, managed to properly get the northern part of Scotland under proper control as well as inherited some of Scandinavia proper. Our Kingdom is all over the place at the moment geography-wise, but he's set a strong next step for Gabrán II to try and properly conquer Scotland once the initial unrest period is done.

Plus the new dude totally looks like Jason Mantzoukas.

• Haha 1

Decided to do Ireland again and apply what I've learned and see how much better I can do. Managed to conquer Ireland much quicker, also took most of Wales and created Kingdom of Wales, but don't actually own all the land yet. I managed to marry into holding part of English territories and most of remaining parts of Wales, plus the north of France within a single marriage (took some murder and generational planning, but we got there).

I'm currently sharing part of England with Mercia and trying to make inroads into Scotland. The game just told me some "Khan" guy is on the way, but I'm sure that will be fine...

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Benji said:

but don't actually own all the land yet

Never stopped the British before :shifty: . 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Meacon Keaton said:

Props for already having a one-year old potty-trained, though. 

That's what made me notice it. I thought it was slightly odd. 

New favourite thing - two level three apocalyptic plagues at once, a bunch of insurrections from the ensuing unhappiness, thus allowing me to execute a shitload of pissy powerful vassals after they were dumb enough to rebel, filling my dread meter to the top and stopping anyone else from rising up.

• Haha 1