4. Marisa Tomei

5. Charlize Theron

Deceased:

1. Paul Newman

2. Sydney Pollack

3. Leslie Nielson

4. Marlon Brando

5. Patrick Swayze

Man these lists were pretty hard. Wouldn't be surprised if I go back and edit them at some point.

Living (Male). My criterion here is it's based on whether if I see them on a cast list I'm like "oooh I want to see this now."

1. Phillip Seymour Hoffman

2. Steve Buscemi

3. Gary Oldman

4. Sam Rockwell

5. Bill Murray

6. Jeff Bridges

7. Jon Hamm

8. Brad Pitt

9. Matt Damon

10. Stephen Tobolowsky

Living (Female):

1. Kate Winslet

2. Natalie Portman

3. Cate Blanchett

4. Helen Mirren

5. Rashida Jones

Dead:

1. Toshiro Mifune

2. Jimmy Stewart

3. Peter Sellers

4. Katharine Hepburn

5. Takashi Shimura

Um, DFF?

5. Julie Delpy

5. Milla Jovovich

Also

Ugh. You guys.

Balls. Must've been when I edited in Noomi Rapace and was moving them all down. Shall correct now.

Best Actors

1. Leonardo Dicaprio

2. Robert Deniro

3. Denzel Washington

4. Matt Damon

5. Joe Pesci

6. Brad Pitt

7. Ryan Gosling

8. Ed Norton

9. Jim Carrey

10. Tom Hanks

Best Actresses

1. Natalie Portman

2. Kate Winslet

3. Marisa Tomei

4. Zooey Deschanel

5. Emma Stone

Actor

1. Brad Pitt

2. Bryan Cranston

3. Michael J. Fox

4. Johnny Depp

5. Denzel Washington

6. Tom Cruise

7. Bill Murray

8. Joseph Gordon-Levitt

9. Christian Bale

10.Michael C. Hall

Actress

1. Michelle Pfeiffer

2. Emma Stone

3. Sigourny Weaver

4. Alison Brie

5. Jennifer Aniston

Deceased

1. Peter Sellers

2. Graham Chapman

3. Heath Ledger

4. Charlie Chaplin

5. Leslie Nielsen

Actor

1. Brad Pitt

2. Jeff Bridges

3. Hugh Jackman

4. Jason Schwartzman

4. Christian Bale

5. Edward Norton

6. Matt Damon

7. Leonardo DiCaprio

8. Owen Wilson

9. Christopher Walken

10. Glenn Howerton

Actress

1. Helena Bonham Carter

2. Scarlett Johansson

3. Cate Blanchett

4. Olivia Wilde

5. Zooey Deschanel

Deceased

1. Paul Newman

2. Burgess Meredith

3. Vincent Price

4. Peter Cushing

5. Jimmy Stewart

MALES

1. Clint Eastwood

2. Clive Dunn

3. Jacques Villeret

4. Alan Rickman

5. Morgan Freeman

6. Michael Sheen

7. Javier Bardem

8. Leo DiCaprio

9. Gerard Depardieu

10. Robert Downey Jr.

FEMALES

1. Natalie Portman cause hottie

2. Isabelle Huppert

3. Maggie Smith

4. Audrey Tautou

5. Scarlett Johansson

DECEASED

1. Marilyn Monroe cause hottie

2. John le Mesurier

3. Henry Fonda

4. Peter Sellers

5. Charlie Chaplin

This was pretty hard for me because I don't really have strong opinions for actors in the manner I do for music. There's not really any actors I strongly like or dislike. I'd say Clint Eastwood and Mariyln Monroe are the exceptions, but perhaps that's less to do with their films (which I do like) but more because they're just cool. The only other actors I have a strong affinity for is the entire cast of Dad's Army, but nominating them all would just be silly. >_>

Zooey Deschanel is gonna be in the Top 5 actresses, isn't she? Damn you guys.

Which would be silly. I mean, I get it, I'd like to show her an underwhelming five minutes too guys, but she plays the exact same character in every film or TV show. I mean fuck, I added Olivia Wilde on my list mostly because I needed a fifth and I think she's gorgeous, but at least she's got some variation in her roles. :P

But again, it's not necessarily best actor, it's really more favorite so why does it matter?

I get the point you're making and I would actually agree but I hate it when that stuff comes up in topics like these. People use a different criteria than you to vote which is fine.

Zooey Deschanel is gonna be in the Top 5 actresses, isn't she? Damn you guys.

Which would be silly. I mean, I get it, I'd like to show her an underwhelming five minutes too guys, but she plays the exact same character in every film or TV show. I mean fuck, I added Olivia Wilde on my list mostly because I needed a fifth and I think she's gorgeous, but at least she's got some variation in her roles. :P

Olivia Wilde is actually a fine young actress who does seem to be growing and getting better as she goes on, hence the reason I added her, so that I get. However, as the criteria clearly stated, it was to be your favorite/best/however you wanted to judge it and whatever you wanted to base it on. If that basis was "Top 5 actresses I'd love to put my inexperienced little penis in" then oh well. It's an EWB poll, it's far from some science.

But again, it's not necessarily best actor, it's really more favorite so why does it matter?

I get the point you're making and I would actually agree but I hate it when that stuff comes up in topics like these. People use a different criteria than you to vote which is fine.

I guess I kind of took "Top" to mean "Best". If we're just voting on favorites, fair enough.

This also means I have a way to justify to myself not adding Chloe Mortez to my list. Because fuck, I forgot about her, but at the same time I'm not sure two pretty awesome performances and a hilarious 30 Rock appearance really warrant a spot.

I guess I kind of took "Top" to mean "Best". If we're just voting on favorites, fair enough.

This also means I have a way to justify to myself not adding Chloe Mortez to my list. Because fuck, I forgot about her, but at the same time I'm not sure two pretty awesome performances and a hilarious 30 Rock appearance really warrant a spot.

CSAMH clearly states in the first post:

Use "top" to mean whatever you want it to mean but it's YOUR list, not a list you think it should be and not what you think others want you to say.

Like I said, I get where you're coming from with that and it's not really how I did my list but if Zooey is somebody's favorite actress, she doesn't need to be the best.