General Gaming Thread

TKz

It'll be a picture of ol' Pete, giving the thumbs up with a very 90's animated gif that says AWESOME, with sparkles flying around it.

You have no idea how much I hope this turns out to be true.

It's still going. In January, someone managed to work out that only around 12% of the cube had been chipped, meaning that the prize would probably revealed by around the end of 2013. If I remember correctly, the game had some very bad server problems when it launched, resulting in an appeal for donations through the game's official website. Apparently, it's much more stable now, but it'll probably be a while before anyone finds out what the grand prize ends up being.

How exactly does one work that out?

The figure was based on a user who analysed the data packets that were being sent from his phone in relation to those being sent from the game's server, and then worked out an average. Even if it's an accurate calculation (and there doesn't seem to be a great amount of evidence besides a blog post on CVG), it doesn't take into account the fact that Peter Molyneux and 22 Cans could remove some of the cube's 'layers' and end it whenever they wanted to.

For the first time ever I got 5 'Honorable Opponent' honors in one League of Legends game :D

....I also spent $35 on Wukong + a bunch of skins for Sona, Cho'Gath, and Annie.

Just had a game where we invaded right off the bat. It was a slaughter. I walked away with 2 kills, 3 assists, and about 1000 gold. Unfortunately I didn't stay as hot, ending 7-7-18.

Your the Person that actually is spending money on LoL? :D I though about giving them a fiver once aswell because they gave me much free play time but than a bunch of games i had to pay for poped up. >_>

I have grown quiet fond of LoL lately. It´s a nice distraction from the high speed SC2 action that sometimes just is not right for an evening after work. Right now i almost only play Morgana who is pretty easy for a beginner. I like the 3 v 3 Arena a lot to because matches don´t take 40-60 Minutes and some of the gameplay mechanics are switched up nicely.

Only level 13 or 14 right now, still half a year away from playing ranked matches. :mellow:

I played LoL quite a lot a while back. Was doing pretty well in ranked games for a while playing Lux mid, or Cho'Gath (Top/Jungle). Kinda levelled out in ranked though, the frustrating thing about the game is that you can play for 50-60 minutes and lose the game through no real fault of your own. Obviously there were games where I didn't play particularly well, but too often I seemed to get grouped with people who just didn't want to communicate, or who could only play one lane and fed the entire game.

Still, it is a really fun game when you play with friends - might get back into it next month when I don't have so many games outstanding to actually play.

"Ruki, buy this arcade game, only 200 points."
" :/ Waste of money. I can't afford that."

" :D :D :D I spend $35 on this freemium game! Great Ruki!"

• Like 2

I've spent about £40 on LoL. Got some skins and IP boosts mainly.

Ryze is my new favourite champion. Hit level 30 about a week ago though I mainly play with friends so rank doesn't matter all that much.