General Gaming Thread

TKz

Man oh man, I know I was really big on it when it came out at first - but the Mad Max game is really top notch stuff.

Doing another run through right now and I'm having a hard time thinking of a better collectathon, map-takeover styled game that feels as good as it does. Upgrading your car, your character and everything else just feels so rewarding and the world is gorgeous in an odd way - with a lot of care put into it. No two locations feel like complete copy and paste jobs (save for some of the scrap collection points, but even then there's small differences) and I can't recommend it enough.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, apsham said:

Man oh man, I know I was really big on it when it came out at first - but the Mad Max game is really top notch stuff.

Doing another run through right now and I'm having a hard time thinking of a better collectathon, map-takeover styled game that feels as good as it does. Upgrading your car, your character and everything else just feels so rewarding and the world is gorgeous in an odd way - with a lot of care put into it. No two locations feel like complete copy and paste jobs (save for some of the scrap collection points, but even then there's small differences) and I can't recommend it enough.

I'm glad to see this game getting some love. One of my absolute favorites from the PS4 generation. 

7 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Ubisoft's Not E3 showcase will be later today.

They've also purged multiple people in leadership positions in relation to the video game corner of the Speaking Out movement and are saying they'll address it on the stream. I can only hope they somehow try to do that while maintaining the usual "it's Ubisoft, the whimsical major game publisher" tone of their actual press conferences, because that's the weird-ass gaming press conference 2020 deserves.

• Like 1

The timing definitely isn't good. Ubisoft hasn't looked good lately, but I do hope it can put its foot down and address all the unpleasantness.

This is a stream I'll be watching, but I'm expecting to not get much out of it. I'm not especially interested in any of Ubisoft's announced games, and I don't imagine there'll be many announcements I'm bothered about.

Ah, nevermind.

Yeah, I'm not... excited for this one, as such. A lot of the appeal of Ubisoft's things are the on-stage goofiness and that's not happening this time. Hoping for a release date on Watch Dogs Legion, confirmation that BGE2 and Skull and Bones aren't dead, and maybe a better idea of what that Greek mythology game announced last year actually is.

1 minute ago, Bobfoc said:

This is England: The Game, clearly made by people who aren't from England.

Yeah. Though I'm playing Pokemon Shield right now and given the dialogue in that at least I know I'm taking a mild step up on that front.

It truly has more stereotypes than should be physically possible. But hey, I'll give it a go. October 29th it is.

1 minute ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Yeah. Though I'm playing Pokemon Shield right now and given the dialogue in that at least I know I'm taking a mild step up on that front.

Oh mate, you mate don't mate think mate that mate Pokémon mate Shield mate sounds mate like mate a mate real mate English mate dialogue mate?

Come mate on mate.

4 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

Oh mate, you mate don't mate think mate that mate Pokémon mate Shield mate sounds mate like mate a mate real mate English mate dialogue mate?

Come mate on mate.

I'm just having a chin wag about this proper ace Pokemon game, I am.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"The perception of vikings are that they're just brutal murderers, but that's not true. They were farmers!

But also they were badass brutal murderers."

• Like 1