General Gaming Thread

TKz

Honestly, I'd rather have a game ready to go immediately even with a Day 1 patch than being an unplayable mess for weeks.

I'd also rather that QA be part of the gold mastering process and to announce it when it's done other than give an externally hyped deadline.

Well, Cyberpunk is in the same genre as Deus Ex, of... well, cyberpunk. So them being in similar aesthetics and themes is kind of part of the package. From what I've seen of things so far though, the MC is going to be a mercenary. Shadowrun without magic is the way I'd think of it.

I'm a bit bummed that it's going to be another three weeks before I get it, but my work will be in peak season anyway so I might have to take extra shifts

I think the hype train has pretty much fully derailed for me - combined with the stuff that people are letting them get away with because it's CDPR. I'm probably just going to take my pre-order off it when I go to pick up my series X and put that money down on something else.

According to Adam Kicinski, “the situation is different” now compared to the previous deadlines for the game.  The game is ready to be played on PC and it also works well on next-generation consoles, however, the problem lies with the current-generation consoles. CD Projekt Red is still finalizing the process concerning the release of the game on the current-generation consoles.

It's a pretty shit situation to be in, trying to call them out on it too. They have tons and tons of good will for The Witcher series and then piled on top of that they have the "well, the workers are getting paid overtime!" which is Polish law anyways and "well, they have profit sharing!" which yeah, that's cool and all but maybe that's something that would be nice to have even IF you were able to get this out after Christmas, huh?

Combine that with the "well, they can go and find other jobs" and "no one is forcing them to" bullshit from manchildren who can't wait to get their hands on their new toy and it's just a depressing topic. Maybe it's just because my industry can face things like this - but man, it's so lame to see "yeah, well you don't have to" when you KNOW if you don't do it, you're going to be out the door or passed over for someone who destroyed their personal life so CDPR can make more money.

• Like 3

Someone sell me on the Yakuza games.  I'm considering getting Like a Dragon, which I know is a departure from the rest of the series in terms of combat.  I've also got access to Yakuza 0 and Kiwami 1 and 2 on gamepass. 

The Yakuza games have a bit of a Kojima-esque mixture of melodrama and ridiculousness. The combat is fairly basic, but it's a lot of fun. The real star of the show is the range of extra side activities, which, unlike most other sandbox games, are mostly enjoyable and have their own mini-stories attached to them.