General Gaming Thread

TKz

8 hours ago, Chris2K said:

Also, King Shark is being voiced by Mr. Samoa Joe.

It'd be interesting to see if he can top Ron Funches, but eh, what I've heard about it so far is not promising besides this.

Gotham Knights looks reasonably fun, even though I don't have much interest in the source material. There's a rumour that it might use some version of the Nemesis system from the recent Lords of the Rings games, which would be good. Mind you, seeing numbers fly out of enemies when they're hit is something that's never appealed to me.

I'm less interested in the Rocksteady game, even without seeing any gameplay. I didn't get a good vibe from the CG trailer, and I'm more turned off the harassment allegations made against Rocksteady management. I also thought Arkham Knight was by far and away the worst of the Arkham games.

Been playing Mass Effect Andromeda. Still on Eos. Between me, Vetra, and Peebee, we're gonna be the Amazon strike team that solves problems.

I've been playing Ryder as a no-nonsense militaristic hardass like I did with Shep, only decided to build a science center. Then again, my Shep would probably do the same thing. Soldiers don't build, but builders can hold the line for soldiers.

3 hours ago, Jericode said:

Both look interesting to me. Between these and Avengers it seems there's a lot of superhero games hitting the market right now.

I really want a Green Arrow/Hawkeye game in Arkham style

After completing Rise of the Tomb Raider and now playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider, I've gotta say I feel like with Rise I was a lot more invested in the story and I feel like I'm just stuck and trying to get through this one now. 

Also been playing UFC4 which I've been enjoying. Bit of an upgrade over 3 and easy to just go on every now and then.

Does anyone know roughly when the consoles bundled with games started coming out? I have almost enough saved for both the Series X and PS5, but there's not much on release that is must play for me (I am interested in the Yakuza game, Bugsnax, and Spiderman... but not enough to rush out for the console), and I'm wondering if waiting a few months would be better. Heck, I'd take a year of PS Now and Gamepass as a decent bundle. 

It was definitely within a year for the Xbox One, and the PS4 had a bundle for Black Friday in 2014. I suppose it will depend on how well the consoles sell initially.

In separate news, Gamescom starts in about twelve hours with Geoff Keighley's Opening Night Live event. Most of the games covered have already been announced, but there will be a small number of new reveals as well.

On 8/22/2020 at 7:35 AM, =BK= said:

So far the most interesting rivalry I've had is the apparent one that's formed between me and the boxing coach. I've accidentally KO'd him 4 or 5 times and now every other session he brusies my ribs.

And now he's concussed me before a fight with Junior dos Santos.

11 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

It was definitely within a year for the Xbox One, and the PS4 had a bundle for Black Friday in 2014. I suppose it will depend on how well the consoles sell initially.

In separate news, Gamescom starts in about twelve hours with Geoff Keighley's Opening Night Live event. Most of the games covered have already been announced, but there will be a small number of new reveals as well.

I'm hoping for a WoW expansion release date.