General Gaming Thread

TKz

And now they are claiming they sent me the wrong code and can't get me another code for 2-3 days, in other words after the beta ends.

holy shit one of Iron Man's powered up moves is

Spoiler

the Hulkbuster armor

and every character in your strike team can "perform" that move if Iron Man is in your team.

Ugh I love this game

I'm really enjoying Avengers too, every character feels different to play as, but each enjoyable in their own way, and the boss battles have been fun.

I might give the beta a rest after today and wait for the full release so as not to get too ahead of myself.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

I'm really enjoying Avengers too, every character feels different to play as, but each enjoyable in their own way, and the boss battles have been fun.

I might give the beta a rest after today and wait for the full release so as not to get too ahead of myself.

Yeah, I might do the same. It'd be one thing if character progress transferred over, but it doesn't, so I might just complete the third HARM room level to get the nameplate (the only thing that DOES transfer to the launch day edition from the BETA are two exclusive nameplates) and then call it quits. I've taken a vacation from work the week after it releases, and I want to spend as much time with the game as I can then instead of just doing an ungodly amount of hours in 3 days for a few select missions in the BETA.

One thing I read that I liked was that the skill tree part of this BETA isn't even the full thing that we'll see in the launch day edition, apparently.

There needs to be a new Twisted Metal.

• Like 1

It's probably a long shot, given how the 2012 reboot wasn't a great commercial success. It's more likely that another developer will make a budget game in a similar style, in the same way that Wreckfest was designed to appeal to fans of the Destruction Derby series.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jericode said:

Aren't the Twisted Metal guys the ones making the Destruction All-Stars on PS5? Maybe if it sells well they'll do it.

Nope, that's Lucid Games, who are largely former Bizarre Creations devs who worked on the likes of the Project Gotham and Geometry Wars series, as well as 2008's surprisingly well received hit The Club, which was a run-n-gun third person shooter with the feel of a racing game.

The Twisted Metal devs either ended up at EatSleepPlay which became a mobile dev in 2013 and shut in 2017 (most of their staff seem to now be at Avalanche Software, a former Disney studio WB acquired in 2017 and seems to have done very little with) or with Incognito's successor LightBox Interactive, who made Starhawk and seemingly went defunct very soon after.

Personally I want another Vigilante 8 game. But without the absurdly vague and luck-based objectives of the second game.

26 minutes ago, OctoberRaven said:

Personally I want another Vigilante 8 game. But without the absurdly vague and luck-based objectives of the second game.

that'd be awesome, v8 had an underrated story/lore

27 minutes ago, JMarushin said:

that'd be awesome, v8 had an underrated story/lore

And the second game had an astronaut monkey. Did Twisted Metal have an astronaut monkey? Cheh mat.

• Like 1

I never played Vigilante 8, but I was definitely aware of it at the time. I never came across it on a demo disc, sadly.

Does anyone remember another vehicular combat game, Auto Destruct? My brother borrowed it off a friend and it wasn't particularly good. The story followed a retired racing driver who hunts down the leader of a cult that killed his wife and child. It was like Max Payne meets 007 Racing before either game existed.

24 minutes ago, Forky said:

There are probably many here who would like to.....

.....but I’ll say they both sucked!