General Gaming Thread

TKz

23 hours ago, Kaney said:

Spider-Man will be a PS4 exclusive for the Avengers game! Its causing all sorts of whining.

Well yeah, cos Avengers will be the same price on PC and Xbox as it is on PS4, for what is literally a lesser product - a product with less in it.

4 minutes ago, MadJack said:

Well yeah, cos Avengers will be the same price on PC and Xbox as it is on PS4, for what is literally a lesser product - a product with less in it.

I can see their point, but isn't there an alternative planned? Like when Xbox got Spawn and PlayStation got Heihachi for SoulCalibur II. Unless it's just massive Spider-Man fans who are somehow also not aware of Sony's obsession with owning him.

20 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

Playing Watch_Dogs 2. Still in early game, but the ATM hack mission is... wow. Marcus acts like a complete dick to people who don't deserve it. Jarring when most of the dickishness is purely player controlled and a lot of the stuff he does do is to people who deserve it but... hey, let's close an innocent working class guy's account and erase their life savings just for the hell of it.

pretty sure from what I remembered you could carrot/stick to people and decide yourself to take or give money. At least I remember making someone loaded who couldn't pay for a mortgage, and spiting some obnoxious asshole.

39 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

pretty sure from what I remembered you could carrot/stick to people and decide yourself to take or give money. At least I remember making someone loaded who couldn't pay for a mortgage, and spiting some obnoxious asshole.

it didn't give me that option. just 'hack'.

But yeah, the first proper story mission I did seems more like an elaborate prank, the second one I did is proper heroic hacktivist stuff. I'm getting the vibe that there's going to be a lot of 'we're going to fuck with people because we are HACKERS ON STEROIDS' alongside things that actually prove a point like 'there's no such thing as not hackable'

46 minutes ago, The Kraig said:

I can see their point, but isn't there an alternative planned? Like when Xbox got Spawn and PlayStation got Heihachi for SoulCalibur II. Unless it's just massive Spider-Man fans who are somehow also not aware of Sony's obsession with owning him.

No. No there isn't an alternative planned.

And as well as Spider-Man, Playstation players are also getting exclusive Community Challenges that will unlock specific awards for their console, as well as 30-day exclusive access to a Legendary Outfit, Legendary Emote, Epic Takedown, and nameplate for each superhero as they are released, including for the six launch heroes. PS Plus subscribers will also get a free cosmetic bundle for each superhero added post-launch, like Hawkeye.

5 minutes ago, MadJack said:

Have the devs came out and said this? I hadn't seen anything yet about the xbox version.

28 minutes ago, Kaney said:

Have the devs came out and said this? I hadn't seen anything yet about the xbox version.

Crystal Dynamics and Square haven't said anything. With the beta about to drop they're probably just hoping this blows over.

What they have said in the past is that Playstation will have exclusive content, with no announcements about content elsewhere.

4 hours ago, MadJack said:

And as well as Spider-Man, Playstation players are also getting exclusive Community Challenges that will unlock specific awards for their console, as well as 30-day exclusive access to a Legendary Outfit, Legendary Emote, Epic Takedown, and nameplate for each superhero as they are released, including for the six launch heroes. PS Plus subscribers will also get a free cosmetic bundle for each superhero added post-launch, like Hawkeye.

Sounds like a massive own goal. Sony fans won't care that much, but other players will be rightly pissed off. That's essentially a lot of gameplay gone, never to appear later.

5 hours ago, The Kraig said:

Sounds like a massive own goal. Sony fans won't care that much, but other players will be rightly pissed off. That's essentially a lot of gameplay gone, never to appear later.

Presumably, Sony paid them a decent amount of money for the exclusivity.

15 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

it didn't give me that option. just 'hack'.

But yeah, the first proper story mission I did seems more like an elaborate prank, the second one I did is proper heroic hacktivist stuff. I'm getting the vibe that there's going to be a lot of 'we're going to fuck with people because we are HACKERS ON STEROIDS' alongside things that actually prove a point like 'there's no such thing as not hackable'

UPDATE: Another example of the mood whiplash. One mission involves exposing a dealer of videos of children sleeping and bathing. Literally the next mission consists entirely of making a guy fall off a treadmill.

Aiden Pearce may have just been The Punisher if he went to MIT instead of 'Nam, but at least he was conistent in his goal. These guys just shift from being hackivists to e-Punk'd. Which is a shame because, removed from these missions, the ensemble cast is actually likeable.

btw, this is how I normally dress Marcus

4RYvGUe.jpg

he's incognito while hiding from the cops, so he's dressed to be low profile:

cOi82dx.jpg

nobody will ever suspect

• Haha 2

I think I'd be really interested in a Suicide Squad game.

I started Twitch streaming again recently. I don't know if it'd be inappropriate to promote it here, but the link is here for anyone who wants to come say hello. https://www.twitch.tv/thrillhousemax Last night, since it was Thursday, I did a #TBT stream and played WWF No Mercy and Conker's Bad Fur Day. 

• Like 1

More Watch_Dogs 2.

Spoiler

The death of Horatio wasn't as much of a player punch as it should have been.... it didn't help that he was pretty much irrelevant for all except like one mission so when he suddenly goes missing it was like 'well, guess he's dying here then'.

Josh, Wrench, and Ray (!) are all likeable folks though and I hope they all make it.

Sitara has actively annoyed me by referring to DedSec as "[her] brand". Like holy shit one DedSec ain't YOURS, it's a collective, two you talk like it's a marketing scheme.