General Gaming Thread

TKz

1 hour ago, =BK= said:

Bought UFC 3 for 15 bucks.

to save my life I can't escape a submission. Both systems. It just seems like I'm doing nothing.

How’s your submission stats? I did a 30+ fight career and couldn’t at the beginning so I trained it and became pretty good at escaping (via button tap. To hell with the stick moving thing)

I was just playing exhibition fights as McGregor and Nate Diaz. I couldn't do anything to stop submissions. I think I'm just doing something wrong. I can't play the tutorials until the game fully installs.

Dark Souls replay #324: Quarantine Edition:

Been using the Zweihander with the intention of two-handing it throughout since I normally only ever play with shields. That and pancaking people is immensely fun. I've done all the bosses that way, have thrown in some shield along the way just to keep things moving. Capra took a few tries as it's hard to get the dogs since the swing is pretty slow and they tend to nip out of the way. Think I use the roll thrust on those as that's a bit quicker. Otherwise have been getting through the bosses fine, if I die it's usually due to being greedy on the number of attacks I can get away with. Like on Gaping Dragon I took one too many and got trampled. O&S took a few tries, that was a particular highlight though when I ended up taking out Super Smough with only 7 hp left. That and discovering that pancaking the archers is the best way to get through Anor Londo

Come a little unstuck on Ceaseless though, don't think I've ever fought him properly and tended to just cheese it. It seems like it could be easy as he just slams a limb down and leaves it there to be hit but it seems his second attack after that are two quick slams in succesion or a sweep that I can't seem to dodge.

Hopefully the Remaster turns up cheap in the future as playing the game just makes me want to keep replaying it with different skill runs, like SL1 or only using your starting equipment.

It's kinda amazing that I haven't played my old UFC game in like 8 years and my hands still automatically go for those controls for transitions when the fight goes to the ground. I keep quarter turning the stick before remembering I just need to push and hold it now.

New Unreal Engine. 

Looks really impressive!! Intrigued to know what the actual game was 

Edit: Turns out it was just a tech demo

Also: 

• Like 1

I switched back to the stick system and I've managed to get out of some submissions now. I just need some practice with it now.

Playing a HW in career mode. Every fight looks like round one of Lesnar vs Hunt. 11 wins in a row, 10 KO, one decision.

On 06/05/2020 at 16:02, Baddar said:

@Mr. Meacon Moneybags The studio that made The Golf Club/2/2019 is now owned by 2K, and they've announced PGA Tour 2K21. Could be a good thing, as the gameplay will be great. The extra budget should mean the highest amount of licensed players and courses ever in a game, you would hope.

Justin Thomas is the cover star.

Fabricio Werdum is my bane in these games. In undisputed he'd be the one to beat me in career and in this I had to completely change my game plan to stand up to beat him.

On 10/05/2020 at 14:25, RPS said:

Maybe I will. I just find the controls sluggish and unsatisfying. It is certainly immersive.

I feel like I'm in the mood for an arcade experience. Hence why Streets of Rage 4 was scratching the itch.

Sorry for the slow reply, but what's the age rating for on it? Is it sweary or just a bit violent? Very tempted to buy it for the local four player but that would involve an 8 year old.

2 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

The flying levels in Spyro can go fuck themselves.

Shame I'm going to have to try and 100% them for the platinum. :( 

Which Spyro? My girlfriend is playing through them and just finished 2, the flying levels are definitely a pain but they're very doable once you know the order to do them in.

2 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Which Spyro? My girlfriend is playing through them and just finished 2, the flying levels are definitely a pain but they're very doable once you know the order to do them in.

Still on the first game. I've made sure I'm using the correct route etc...but I'm clearly just not super-efficient enough in my flying/turns, because even on a run where I don't fuck up I probably manage 4/5 of the requirements at best.

Oh those flying levels proper sucked! Took me a while to do them. 

Just as said keep practicing. Maybe look at a YouTube video for an example of what route to do then it's just a bit of luck as well

5 hours ago, Colly said:

Sorry for the slow reply, but what's the age rating for on it? Is it sweary or just a bit violent? Very tempted to buy it for the local four player but that would involve an 8 year old.

No swears or blood. Some females have cleavage. There are lots of generic "bad guys" and alluding to crimes, etc. There is nothing egregious in the game. The game is probably fine for an 8 year old, but depends on how comfortable you are as a parent. 

I would totally play with my oldest if she were better at games. 

• Thanks 1

Helpful, thanks. Probably will give it a go, like a daft beat em up.

On the last point, to reiterate...

On 16/04/2020 at 13:31, Colly said:

I've got CTR and Overcooked. Overcooked is not family friendly because my 8 year old is ruddy useless.

My son, who is 5, likes to make everything catch on fire so he can use the fire extinguisher. 

Do you have XBOX, @Colly? Streets of Rage 4 is on GamePass. 

• Like 2