General Gaming Thread

TKz

Hey! Fellow cricket game fans! All three of you!

Don Bradman Cricket 14 comes out on 3rd/4th April, and its meant to be pretty good for an indy game. They've gone in with no licences but a HUGE downloadable database of user created teams, think WWE's community creations. I've heard numbers like 2,000 teams in the database at launch date from current day T20 league sides, international sides, county sides, vintage teams, everything. It also has the first single player career mode in a cricket game.

• Like 1

So, managed to beat Ground Zeros in just over two hours, got a rank of C and no kills. Yay! But! Might do another playthrough where I kill everyone :shifty: The ending cut scene is gross.

Decent amount of trophies and other missions to do.

Been playing Red Dead Redemption because I never did before. Fun game, glad there's a fast travel mechanic because otherwise I'd probably die of boredom riding between some of the towns in Mexico. Some things confuse me though. Like, for instance, there's a strangers mission where you can choose to either keep money for yourself or give it to the guy who gave you the quest. I assumed if I was to keep it for myself all I have to do is ride away, but then it tells me that I've failed the mission. Seems like the only way I could complete it was to give it to the guy, dunno if that's intentional or not. Kind of dumb if it is, to frame it like a choice and then tell you "whoops, nope, you failed" if you don't do what they want you to.

Been playing Red Dead Redemption because I never did before. Fun game, glad there's a fast travel mechanic because otherwise I'd probably die of boredom riding between some of the towns in Mexico. Some things confuse me though. Like, for instance, there's a strangers mission where you can choose to either keep money for yourself or give it to the guy who gave you the quest. I assumed if I was to keep it for myself all I have to do is ride away, but then it tells me that I've failed the mission. Seems like the only way I could complete it was to give it to the guy, dunno if that's intentional or not. Kind of dumb if it is, to frame it like a choice and then tell you "whoops, nope, you failed" if you don't do what they want you to.

Perhaps the other choice was to shoot his face off?

It was just 'give him the money or don't', I figured since it was in the middle of a town if I shot the guy I'd get a bounty placed on me and I didn't wanna deal with that.